Rocker Question?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
I just bought a set of trickflow heads they are stud mount how much louder are they then the pedistal mount..They heads are coming with a set of TF 1.6 roller rocker and 6.7o length push rods...will this work with my stock cam....is it hard to adjust these?

• Sponsors (?)

As long as you adjust them at the correct height and achieve proper preload, the loudest it should really ever get would be like the mild sound of a sewing machine. If you have loose lifters, then it might make a little noise, but as long as their correctly installed, no worries. There's a thread on this right now-lemme find it and I'll post it up.

Just follow along this one...pretty much everything you'll need to know about those heads, this guy has recently gone through....

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/tfs-top-end-kit-rocker-to-guide-plate-height.853258/

The same guy has a couple other posts in related material, you may want to check out a couple of his threads if you questions about intake gaskets, or what sealers to use, etc etc...

Thanks ..The shop doing the install should know this...i just want to make sure it doesnt sound like crap...i hate loud ticking noises...lol

As mentioned, the only reason they'd be actually loud would be "loose" lifters where they bleed down too quickly and let the rockers get sloppy. They probably will make a little noise-more than you're used to anyway-but it's normal. If you think it sounds abnormal, consult your installer and go from there.

As mentioned, the only reason they'd be actually loud would be "loose" lifters where they bleed down too quickly and let the rockers get sloppy. They probably will make a little noise-more than you're used to anyway-but it's normal. If you think it sounds abnormal, consult your installer and go from there.

Thanks for the info...IS there an advantage going to stud mount VS pedistal mount?...

Easier adjustability (and flexibility with engine combinations)...pedestal rockers must be shimmed if preload requires adjustment. Also, longer valve tips (longer valves allow the use of taller springs and higher lift cams) would disallow the use of pedestals since you wouldn't achieve correct geometry.

Easier adjustability (and flexibility with engine combinations)...pedestal rockers must be shimmed if preload requires adjustment. Also, longer valve tips (longer valves allow the use of taller springs and higher lift cams) would disallow the use of pedestals since you wouldn't achieve correct geometry.

Thanks for the explaination..makes sense now...cant wait to get this done..Yesterday sold the blower had a guy come by to see it and hear it in person took him for little test drive,,He said my car was fast...Its ok I want it faster i said...lol....