Rocker Side Moulding

candphall

Jun 8, 2009
Orlando Florida
I am on the processof installing the rocker side moulding on my 69 Sport roof. The clips are pop rivited on and that is no problem, howev there is a screw at one end, is that front or back? Both front fenders have sheet metal work in that area and the is no evidence of a screw hole in the body at either end. In addition I assume that once the clips are installed the trim just snaps in place, or does it slide in from the end, there appears to be a relief in the trim that may allow that

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

There should be a hole in the front fender and at the rocker below the quarter .the clip slips into the molding at both ends and has a stud that goes through the hole in the fender and rocker . The plastic clips pop rivet to the rocker and the molding just snaps in place . I may have a molding here with the end clips in place ,if i do i will get a pic.

Ok ,there is one bolt in clip at the front fender .It slips into the molding through the notched spot and bolts at the front fender
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

The rear of the molding has a sheet metal screw ,like a rocker molding screw that holds it down .If the hole is filled i can get the measurement if you need it .
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg

You could use any clip that will fit in the molding ,should be able to find one at an auto paint supplier ,they usually carry clips .You will just have to drill the hole where it will work on the front fender .Far as that goes you could use the plastic clip at the front because the screw in the rear keeps the molding from moving .