Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer upgrade kit install question....

I purchased this to put into my Parnelli Jones Edition & was trying to install it tonight but I have no idea which amp the harness plugs into??? There's two amp's by the drivers side door. I do have a different head unit in, a JVC one, so I don't know if this changes anything to make the subwoofer not work. I plugged the harness into one amp, then the other & I can't hear anything coming out of the subwoofer at all. It is getting power though, I unplugged it & plugged it back in & you can hear thru the speakers that it's getting power. I also don't have the install directions, so any input would be HUGE here. What am I missing? Is it because of the different head unit & it needs the factory one to work, is there another amp I should be plugging it into, or something else? What am I missing or doing wrong here??? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Here's the diagram from the Rockford Fosgate website for the Saleen mustangs.

Rockord Fosgate - Image Detail

I purchased this to put into my Parnelli Jones Edition & was trying to install it tonight but I have no idea which amp the harness plugs into??? There's two amp's by the drivers side door. I do have a different head unit in, a JVC one, so I don't know if this changes anything to make the subwoofer not work. I plugged the harness into one amp, then the other & I can't hear anything coming out of the subwoofer at all. It is getting power though, I unplugged it & plugged it back in & you can hear thru the speakers that it's getting power. I also don't have the install directions, so any input would be HUGE here. What am I missing? Is it because of the different head unit & it needs the factory one to work, is there another amp I should be plugging it into, or something else? What am I missing or doing wrong here??? :shrug:

Thanks for the manual! Only question I have is that in the instructions it says to plug into the amp above the drivers side kick panel, but there are two factory amps in that spot on my Parnelli Jones. I do have the Shaker 500....so which amp do I plug it into?

After reviewing the manuals myself, I would tend to believe your no sound condition is a result of your aftermarket sterio interface. Without being able to see the wiring behind your dash makes it hard to say, but it sounds like your amplifiers have been bypassed. Did you install the sterio, or do you know how it was done? There would be two solutions if the amps are bypassed... re-integrate the amps and install the sub as the manual describes, or use a known good signal (Coming out of your JVC) to feed the sub's amp.

I called crutchfield today & they tech support really wasn't the greatest help in the world. All he told me is that the receiver wiring adapter that I used for the JVC radio just sends an "acceptable signal", as he put it, to the factory amp to allow an acceptable output from the factory amp, not necessarilly power to the amp. Since I don't know a ton about radios/amps/subwoofers, what exactly is he talking about? He really didn't give any helpful info for the Saleen subwoofer, or the two factory amps. So......what now? Any thing out of that paragraph make sense?

I am fairly sure i understood what you were saying. From the sounds of it, you are still using the factory amps. In your original post, you said you tried both amps and neither worked correct? If you made all of the connections as the manual directs you to and the system works fine except for the sub, I would begin to suspect that the sub itself is faulty. Use a meter (or at least a test light) to make sure that the sub is getting power. I dont mean to insult your intellegence, but you did try turning up the gain when it was hooked up, right?...

I am fairly sure i understood what you were saying. From the sounds of it, you are still using the factory amps. In your original post, you said you tried both amps and neither worked correct? If you made all of the connections as the manual directs you to and the system works fine except for the sub, I would begin to suspect that the sub itself is faulty. Use a meter (or at least a test light) to make sure that the sub is getting power. I dont mean to insult your intellegence, but you did try turning up the gain when it was hooked up, right?...

LOL...ah, not insulted at all, but I finally got it working. I wired up the sub to a separate amp that I powered right off the JVC head unit & bingo....big time bass. The amp I bought is real small & I was able to hide it with the enclosure so everything still looks like a factory install. I guess the amp that's in the Saleen unit only powers up with the factory head unit & not a aftermarket unit. Everything works now....thanks for the help everyone!

Instalation instructions

Hi

I'm based in the UK but have just purchased a Saleen Fosgate Sub for my 2005 Mustang.

Would you be so kind as to forward me a set of instructions so as I can fit the Sub correctly as nothing was supplied in the box.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

ps there is a big following for the Mustang in the UK but they still choose not make it RHD it would sell like hot cakes.