roll bar 1993 Hatch/Cobra

Paul S.

Apr 16, 2003
Can anyone recommend a six point roll bar for a fox body hatch that fits nice. I can have a local chassis shop custom make one but if I can keep the fabrication costs down it would be a plus.I'm not crazy about putting one on my street car but tech at the strip won't let me run without one anymore.:cry:

• Sponsors (?)

Paul, Maximum Motorsports use to sell a bolt in powder coated cage that I think was NHRA legal. It was nice for a street car.

Otherwise the S&W cage kits is decent, still needs some cutting and notching to get it to go in perfect, swing out doors would be a good choice as well. A Custom fit cage is best option....IMO

Rick, Thanks for the input. I checked out maximum motorsports roll bar. I don't like the rear bars.Maybe they have a different option for them. Wolfe racecraft has a nice bar it's pricey though if you start adding extras. The low slung door bars are nice opposed to the swing out bars. The swing out bars I've had in my other cars are kind of a pain in the ass.They always caused some damage to the door panels too.But they are better than climbing over it. Now that I'm not a kid anymore I don't bend as easy like I used to. Being a street car its important for ease of entry.I had a car that the door bars came out but I don't know if it's legal anymore or if it was then.:shrug:

I have the maximum motorsports bar. It went in very easy. Here is some pics of the install.

It was $500.00 shipped.
n_arb1.JPG

Its a bolt in.
n_1rb1.JPG

n_1rb2.JPG

Pull out the pin for street.
n_rb4.JPG

n_rb5.JPG

Attachments

• n_1rb1.JPG
    n_1rb1.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 189
  • n_arb1.JPG
    n_arb1.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 197
  • n_rb5.JPG
    n_rb5.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 244
  • n_rb4.JPG
    n_rb4.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 277
  • n_1rb2.JPG
    n_1rb2.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 182
I have the maximum motorsports bar. It went in very easy. Here is some pics of the install.

It was $500.00 shipped.
n_arb1.JPG

Its a bolt in.
n_1rb1.JPG

n_1rb2.JPG

Pull out the pin for street.
n_rb4.JPG

n_rb5.JPG

Do you happen to know how much that kit weighs? also does any one have the times that you need a cage for, our track is a 1,000 ft. and I don't know what times or mph they require a cage for, I want to say any thing under 9.0 needs a cage here but I havn't been in a while to find out, nor do I have a fast enough car (yet). It may even be any times in the 9's need a cage:shrug:, I'll figure it out next year when I get my stroker finished.

Attachments

• n_1rb2.JPG
    n_1rb2.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 180
  • n_1rb1.JPG
    n_1rb1.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 225
  • n_arb1.JPG
    n_arb1.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 325
  • n_rb5.JPG
    n_rb5.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 976
  • n_rb4.JPG
    n_rb4.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 920
Do you happen to know how much that kit weighs? also does any one have the times that you need a cage for, our track is a 1,000 ft. and I don't know what times or mph they require a cage for, I want to say any thing under 9.0 needs a cage here but I havn't been in a while to find out, nor do I have a fast enough car (yet). It may even be any times in the 9's need a cage:shrug:, I'll figure it out next year when I get my stroker finished.

The shipping bill showed 65 lbs. Can't say on the 1000' track, but 11.49 and quicker for the 1/4 and I think it's 7.49 in the 1/8. The bar is good to 10.00.