roll cage

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
i am looking into getting a roll cage for my car. i would like the added safety b/c i'm already running 113 mph at the end of the 1/4. i am about to do a few more mods and hopefully make an 11 sec pass. i like the look of the 4 pt cages, i have seen some in chrome. i dont wanna have to step over the bars to get in the door so i am just gonna stick with the 4pt ones. does anyone know where i can get a nice looking chrome one?

• Sponsors (?)

It's not really a cage inless it has door bars, just a bar. Maximum Motorsports has some great cages/bars for our cars - don't know about the chrome though... You could always buy the quality MM peice and have it chromed or powder coated to suit your needs!

i think you may need more then a 4 point bar if your in the 11's. Most tracks require a 6 point for 11.99 and quicker i thought?
did you look on steedas site...i thought i remember seeing roll bars before.

so i need a 6pt to run in the 11's? that means i have to deal with stepping over those damn door bars right? i guess i could get the swing out ones. are these safety rules applied at all tracks even during a test and tune session? i'm not planning on running in any sanctioned events, just the occasional trip to the track and i'm sure that even a 4pt would be a help over nothing at all.

You could go without, and just get kicked out when they inspected you, but if you want to avoid it, you will need a 6 point. They do make some where the side pieces are removable, but I wouldn't get chrome unless you are planning on adding Lambo doors, and some 20" spinners too

nwapache said:
You could go without, and just get kicked out when they inspected you, but if you want to avoid it, you will need a 6 point. They do make some where the side pieces are removable, but I wouldn't get chrome unless you are planning on adding Lambo doors, and some 20" spinners too

If he wants chrome, let the man get chrome. It's an 11 second car, not a 15 second Civic.

SaleenGT2001 said:
i just hate to ruin my whole interior by having some cheap looking roll bar. i am in no way trying to rice my baby out, just trying to keep it looking nice while being a little safer

I kinda like the look of a roll bar, even if it is black. :shrug: I know what you mean though. You could always paint it silver or some other color.

Iv been tossing around the idea too....im thinking of buying a few of those black floaty strings and throwing them in the car....that way it looks like I have something and they will leave me alone :nice:

I HATE adding weight to the car lol....anyone know how much a 6 point weighs?