Roller Cam Conversion Problem!

JWadeSchutt

Nov 18, 2006
I recently purchased the K35-424-8 complete roller conversion kit that comes with a small base circle cam and roller lifters with the spyder tray. Its in a '74 351W block and I am now having a problem with the spyder sitting up to high and holding the dogbones up to where when the lfter starts coming up the dogbone gets caught and pushed up crooked. It seems that the dogbones should really be set flat on the lifter bores to work. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 303409

jwadeschutt

SANY0492.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Can't tell what's going on in the pics...

But, you need to clearance the block so that the dogbones can sit flat in the valley.
Get out the grinder, and make damn sure you get all the shavings out.
Better yet, don't run the junk reduced base cam... take the hit and buy good lifters and a standard cam.

Just my opinion though,
jason

the top picture is the dogbone sitting flat on the lifter bore and the bottom pic is what im worried about it doing with the spyder holding it up there is a gap between the top of the lifter and the bottom of the dogbone. basically it will work fine if there is someway i can get the dogbones to sit as low as it is in the first pick. I'm trying to avoid buying link lifters because they are pretty expensive. If it comes down to it i will but i just want to get everyone opinion to see if there is an easy fix.