Rollin' on 18's?

• Sponsors (?)

BIG-MAC said:
OK here you go....

front = 5.17" (includes 1/4" spacer to keep rim off UCA at full lock)
back = 5.94" (no spacers)

Thank you...

18x8 with a 4.5-4.75 fits fine.

The 9 was the one I was more curious about. That's a heavy backspace for our cars. Did you do some inner wheelhouse work? How close are these to your springs???

Looks killer from behind!!!

mdjay said:
Thank you...

18x8 with a 4.5-4.75 fits fine.

The 9 was the one I was more curious about. That's a heavy backspace for our cars. Did you do some inner wheelhouse work? How close are these to your springs???

Looks killer from behind!!!

No inner wheelhoues work. The only mod is rolled lips. And there is about an inch between the tire and spring. I was running 18x10 with 295/35 on the back but it rubbed a little so I went smaller rather than raise it up. The pics show the 10's on the back.

BIG-MAC said:
No inner wheelhoues work. The only mod is rolled lips. And there is about an inch between the tire and spring. I was running 18x10 with 295/35 on the back but it rubbed a little so I went smaller rather than raise it up. The pics show the 10's on the back.

That makes sense. Those look huge in the picture! :nice:

ek21om.jpg

I don't need not stinking 18" Rims.
15X10 Rear 14X6 Yea and the 70s and 80s Rule

Attachments

• ek21om.jpg
    ek21om.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 60
steemin said:
I stink at posting pics..
Here is a link to my 65 Fastback..17's in the front 18's in the rear..

Scott
Thats very clean.........but its sits the way that one Boyd did. The 245's on the rear arent fat enough or the back needs to be a little lower(IMO)

That was the car you had built?????They did a clean job and used alot of $$$$$$$$$$ in good looking parts.:nice:

MDJAY,
Maeir SFC's welded in..

iskwezm said:
Thats very clean.........but its sits the way that one Boyd did. The 245's on the rear arent fat enough or the back needs to be a little lower(IMO)

That was the car you had built?????They did a clean job and used alot of $$$$$$$$$$ in good looking parts.:nice:

Thanks...
Yes this car was built by G Force Design Concepts.
At one point I had a 2" lowering block on the car then we changed it
to a 1" block.. ultimately we removed the lowering blocks all together.
I also would have liked to have had a wider tire as I really like the look of big meats stuffed under a car.
Bottom line is I have two boys 9 and a 12 that love to ride in my car and I did not want ANY rubbing issues..
So I went with the combo that eliminated those concerns..
Scott

steemin said:
MDJAY,
Maeir SFC's welded in..

Thanks...
Yes this car was built by G Force Design Cocepts.
At one point I had a 2" lowering block on the car then we changed it
to a 1" block.. ultimately we removed the lowering blocks all together.
I also would have liked to have had a wider tire as I really like the look of big meats stuffed under a car.
Bottom line is I have two boys 9 and a 12 that love to ride in my car and I did not want ANY rubbing issues..
So I went with the combo that eliminated those concerns..
Scott
oh i see, yeah the block(s) would have made a difference.Did the tires rub or you didnt want to risk it????? Im sure if the wheels have the right offset a 265/35 or 40 would have been fine.

so how does it run????