Rolling Wheel Wells - Post Up Your Stance Pics!

Just search fender roller on eBay. It's the Eastwood one without the logo and upcharge.

Attachments

• IMG_2477.PNG
    IMG_2477.PNG
    704.3 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Even when I'm pre paint?

My advice is go slow- do not force the roller and do not rush it. You will need to make several passes
No you dont need to heat the fender if you are going to sanding the paint down and repainting, but know if you dont use a hair dryer or heat gun chances are it will crack. The heat also makes the fender a little more pliable and easier to roll back
The rear fenders are harder/thicker than the fronts IMO
You can also use a small dead hammer to lightly knock down some of the edges/lips and also the inner rear fender well for clearance
I would also mount the tire/wheel and get the car at right heght and check the clearance as you go
Eastwood has a good video on how to do it

Ok. Started the drivers side. Spent about an hour on it. About half of that was figuring out the tool. It came disassembled and with no instructions. Took me a few tries to figure where the big cotter pin went. But the tool worked really well.... so well that I didn't think it was working at first. It rolls the lip without any movement in the quarter panel at all. I'll work it a little more but so far I'm impressed for the $39 I spent. Good thing I needed one more pass of primer.

Attachments

• IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2549.JPG
    IMG_2549.JPG
    490 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    408.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: 4 users
I'm really happy with it. I did it with a hammer once and it looked like trash. This looks like it was made this way. I'll post more pics once I do the other side.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm against rolling, but only because it's one of those things you can't undo easily. I just prefer to avoid it if I can

So yeah...ended up ordering one of these to roll my rear fenders. Down to $25 or so on eBay now. Doesn't seem like much profit to be had after shipping

I remember when this tool was expensive enough guys were charging rental fees to borrow one.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
So yeah...ended up ordering one of these to roll my rear fenders. Down to $25 or so on eBay now. Doesn't seem like much profit to be had after shipping

I remember when this tool was expensive enough guys were charging rental fees to borrow one.
I did the same, used it and sold it for $40 on Facebook lol

Reactions: 1 user
Ok. Started the drivers side. Spent about an hour on it. About half of that was figuring out the tool. It came disassembled and with no instructions. Took me a few tries to figure where the big cotter pin went. But the tool worked really well.... so well that I didn't think it was working at first. It rolls the lip without any movement in the quarter panel at all. I'll work it a little more but so far I'm impressed for the $39 I spent. Good thing I needed one more pass of primer.
Are you using a heat gun to heat it up and then rolling? I’ve been thinking about doing it vs taking it some where