Engine Romeo/windsor Question

Slowpony98

Mar 22, 2017
Looks like I'm gonna have to replace my cylinder heads and gaskets. I bought a new set of heads but it turns out that I have a Windsor engine. I bought ford racing pi cylinder heads with cams and stuff already attached. Looks as if they will bolt right up to block and the intake and headers will bolt to them as well. The only thing that looks like it wont bolt back on is the valve covers were the stock Windsor ones have a 11 and 13 bolt pattern I believe and the Romeo ones only have like 9 bolt wholes for the valve covers. Can someone confirm that I can use these Romeo heads and bolt everything (headers, intake, etc) except the valve covers back on and just buy new Windsor valve covers??? Also will the timing stuff (tensioners, guides, etc) bolt on or do I need to buy different ones. Cant send heads back ive had them for long time and unable to return. Selling them to buy windsor ones is taking too long as nobody wants to buy stock ones I guess..... Someone has had to do this. Please help out

• Sponsors (?)

A set of Romeo Valve covers should take care of covering the top of the motor. Try car-part.com for a searchable list of salvage yards in your area.

As for the timing cover expect to have to modify some bolt holes to deal with the different sized bolts on the front of the motor.