Romove Gt40p Heads To Replace Frpp Hyd. Roller Lifters???

• Sponsors (?)

No. You have to take off the lower and upper intake plenum. You then take off your rocker arms and pull the push rods out. Then, take off the metal hold down thing that holds the plastic lifter retainers in place, next you pop the retainers off and then you can get the lifters out. At first glance it doesn't look like you have enough room, but you do. Trust me, been there done that.

Do i need to remove gt40p heads to remove/replace ford racing hyd. Roller lifters?

No. Like the previous poster said, you'll need to:

1. Remove the upper and lower intake manifold sections to gain access to the lifters.
2. Remove the valve covers, rocker arms, and pushrods.
3. Remove the spider that holds down the lifter retaining dogbones, pull off the dogbones, and Bob's your uncle.

Thanx dudes, yall were correct. I replaces the lifters w/o removing heads. New lifters made my cam (powermaxx 2020) sound ALOT better, so for all others with the same project. U DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE GT40P HEADS TO REPLACE LIFTERS :))))

No. Like the previous poster said, you'll need to:

1. Remove the upper and lower intake manifold sections to gain access to the lifters.
2. Remove the valve covers, rocker arms, and pushrods.
3. Remove the spider that holds down the lifter retaining dogbones, pull off the dogbones, and Bob's your uncle.

Spider and dog bones!!! I always forget the proper term for them.

Thanks for the info!
Gearheadboy- the ones I have used on flat tappet cars were quieter than the solid lifters on a new Ranger! They also worked better than advertised on cam shafts that should have had a big lope. Almost no lope and wide open top end have been my experiences. It's like having two cam shafts.Also, there is little chance I'd hear them over the turbo mufflers and drone. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! :) Next time I will get to pick the right cam shaft. For now this seems like a good upgrade with my ported Explorer manifold install.