Rough idle....stalling....not starting....

Unreal281

Dec 18, 2004
Alright guys....here is the scoop. I have a 2000 GT and i'm about to break it....it is frustrating me to the point of no return right now....as some of you may know in my previous threads, i am throwing a few engine codes.....one is for my lack of MILs which is being taken care of....and the other is apparently for my IAC.
PROBLEMS:
The car sometimes will not start at all for me in the garage. I'll go out to start it or take it around town for a couple of minutes....and i have to literraly beat the piss out of it for it to "clear up" and run properly. Also, if i'm lucky enough to get it to start in the garage.....i have to rev the crap out of it until it can maintain its own idle without the assistance of my foot. This is REALLY getting annoying...the car has also just "randomly" shut off on me a few times while driving at slow speeds or sitting still at a red light...and "bogged" out. To be more specific, the code I am throwing is P1507 Manf Cntrl Veh. Spd. Idle Speed Cntrl. Auxiliary Inputs I'm at the end of the road right now and i'm not paying one more person to tell me to just use STP fuel treatment and get back to them....how the HELL do i fix this? It has 43,000 miles on it right now and its been doing this stuff since 29,000 miles. It has been doing this WAY before the long tubes and full intake....although it has gotten worse after the install of my parts....BTW, I just removed my IAC about an hour ago, and i'm gonna get some carb cleaner from my neighbor tomorrow and try it out....but for some odd reason i feel that the problem is a little bit deeper than just some gunk on the sides of my IAC.....PLEASE help me....:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Unreal281 said:
Alright guys....here is the scoop. I have a 2000 GT and i'm about to break it....it is frustrating me to the point of no return right now....as some of you may know in my previous threads, i am throwing a few engine codes.....one is for my lack of MILs which is being taken care of....and the other is apparently for my IAC.
PROBLEMS:
The car sometimes will not start at all for me in the garage. I'll go out to start it or take it around town for a couple of minutes....and i have to literraly beat the piss out of it for it to "clear up" and run properly. Also, if i'm lucky enough to get it to start in the garage.....i have to rev the crap out of it until it can maintain its own idle without the assistance of my foot. This is REALLY getting annoying...the car has also just "randomly" shut off on me a few times while driving at slow speeds or sitting still at a red light...and "bogged" out. To be more specific, the code I am throwing is P1507 Manf Cntrl Veh. Spd. Idle Speed Cntrl. Auxiliary Inputs I'm at the end of the road right now and i'm not paying one more person to tell me to just use STP fuel treatment and get back to them....how the HELL do i fix this? It has 43,000 miles on it right now and its been doing this stuff since 29,000 miles. It has been doing this WAY before the long tubes and full intake....although it has gotten worse after the install of my parts....BTW, I just removed my IAC about an hour ago, and i'm gonna get some carb cleaner from my neighbor tomorrow and try it out....but for some odd reason i feel that the problem is a little bit deeper than just some gunk on the sides of my IAC.....PLEASE help me....:bang:

IAC's will cause that sh1tty idle...

I totally understand that as being a major factor...i'm just saying, there is no way in hell that i'm the only GT owner that has all of these crazy ass symptoms...any suggestions, comments,.....?

maybe one or more of your coils are bad... they usually throw random misfire codes or something along those lines. you dont have any codes for them, but i will tell you though, bad coil/s will make your car run like ass much like you are describing. the messed coils really made my car sad... water getting there causes corrosion and buildup kills their conductivity on the little springs etc under the rubber cover. maybe check them for corrosion, clean them, and the dielectric grease them. they are easy to get out and check with little more than a socket and extension. i am leaning toward your iac being at least a good part of the issue, but if that does not help your problem it cant hurt to check the coils and plugs. hell, seafoam is great stuff just like everyone says and it never hurts to try it as well.

Aight guys....thanx for all of your help with this whole ordeal....I just got back from the auto parts store with my new IAC....(50$) it looks great and appears to be a quality peice....this actually came with a gasket as well....just installed it and walked up the stairs to get on stangnet....i started the car and it acted funny for a bit....then i gave it a few small revs and held it at 2000 rpms for a sec....it gave off a "new hot metal" smell, if you know what i mean....and then it held its own idle. it seems to be ok now.....considering it can actually hold its own idle....which is good. Tomorrow i am going to pick up my MIL eliminators, and install them....that should take care of both of my codes.....thanx alot guys

BTW, should i just disconnect my batt. cable for a few minutes so the computer can reset and realize that i have the new IAC and MILs? again....thank you for all of your help guys

-late