Rpm Drop 2001 4.6l Stang

2001S2ROUSH

Feb 27, 2017
i have a 2001 stage 2 roush with an rpm drop and slight rpm hang problem. recently installed a couple parts 24lb fuel injectors/bbk 86mm MAF (tuned for the injectors and aftermarket CAI) and bbk fuel rail kit...prior to that the car was running fine...have a bunch of other parts but since the car was running fine i wont list them all.

anyway, after the injectors MAF and fuel rail kit i drove the car around and when coming to a stop and pressing the clutch the rpms drop very very low 200-300 or even stalls out...anyone have any idea waht coud be casuing this....i though maybe the car needed a custom tune so i got BAMA performance to make up tuner for me since i probably needed it anyways with everything i have installed on the car...got the tuner uploaded and the problem is still there...any ideas out there as to what is a resolution to ths annoying issue

• Sponsors (?)

Which IAC is being used? Black vented or not? Usually for the 2001 model year should have a black vented IAC.

Which throttle body is being used (Stock or after market)? Are there any vent holes in the TB butterfly valves? What about the stock TB?

Do you have an ODB2 scanner? If so, what is the IAC duty cycle at idle?

Which IAC is being used? Black vented or not? Usually for the 2001 model year should have a black vented IAC.

Which throttle body is being used (Stock or after market)? Are there any vent holes in the TB butterfly valves? What about the stock TB?

Do you have an ODB2 scanner? If so, what is the IAC duty cycle at idle?
I replaced the iac the one I got didn't have the black vent cap on it. I'll get one that has the cap. The TB I have is a bbk 78mm. No holes. I have a bama performance tuner for the car