RPM EEC Signal?

kc10extender

Aug 2, 2004
Hi All,

I have an 04 Cobra and a Wideband controller that has an input for logging RPM along with the AFR. I have the EEC pinout for the Cobra, but there is not an RPM output signal coming from the EEC. This must be change for the Cobra because other EEC-V computers have an RPM output.

The Wideband unit can accept a 0-5V pulse RPM signal from the EEC or a 12V coil signal. I know the car has the Coil on Plug ignition system.

Anyone know where I can tap into either one of these signals?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

kc10extender said:
Hi All, ....
Anyone know where I can tap into either one of these signals?
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

What brand Wideband is it? LM1? Dynojet? You should be able to tap into any of the lines running to one of the coil-on-plugs or use an inductive type pick-up. I also suggest you try a search on the "Raptor" shift light. The directors for installation on a Cobra instruct the user as to which wires coming out of the EEC to tap into. That may help you track down which wire carries the RPM data.

Check here too -> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105866

U.M.

U.M.

Thanks for the reply. The WB unit is the one out of Australia. It was a DIY kit. Only cost $250 and can log AFR, RPM, TPS, almost anything that you can tap into. Only downside, is for that price, you need to build it yourself. I like doing things like that, so it was an advantage.

Unfortunately they do not offer RPM logging via the inductive system yet, they are working on it now.

I'll do a search as you suggested and see what kind of info I can find.

Thanks again,

Kevin