Rpm matched shake in motor/trans shifter

4.6mafia

Jun 5, 2020
Montana
I have a 2000 mustang gt, tremec t-45 I just installed new clevite rods and mains, arp rod bolts, polished crank, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, new spec stage 2 (disc and pressure plate) resurfaced flywheel. It had a exedy clutch before so i dont know if the flywheel is stock or aftermarket? Anyways I had the flywheel resurfaced. Everything seems to runs good so far expect I have a shake that is RPM matched. Doesnt matter ofnthe clutch is engaged ot disengaged, i still have the shake! Clutxh isnt slipping or even really chattering, I made sure the pressure plate was placed on the dowels (I did have to move the dowels on the pressure plate) into the machined holes. I torqued everything. It didnt shake before I did all of this, anybody have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

That’s exactly what it was like when a mechanic did not listen to me and used a 79 302‘s flywheel and harmonic balancer on an E-7 long block. The balance weights were different and it shook strongly by 2500 RPM.
Now about the 4.6, I think they are internally balanced. So the easier answers of the damper slipping or weights getting knocked off the flywheel are not as likely. I do not want to jump to the internal balance being messed up with new rods etc, but it’s a possibility.

Everything is exactly the same except I put in new bearings, polished the crank, new ARP rod BOLTS, resurfaced flywheeland a spec stage 2 clutch and pressure plate, new timing chains, pilot bearing, throwout bearing and new seals for everything. New oil pump, new power steering pump.

I have the same issue. it started after putting a new clutch.I am thinking the flywheel didnt get resurfaced correctly. Is it possible that if the driveshaft gets reinstalled 180 degrees than when it was removed cause this issue?

I have the same issue. it started after putting a new clutch.I am thinking the flywheel didnt get resurfaced correctly. Is it possible that if the driveshaft gets reinstalled 180 degrees than when it was removed cause this issue?
That would cause a vibration that increased with vehicle speed, not engine RPM.