RPMOUTLET.COM is scam

mariotboy

Jun 8, 2004
I just purchased what i thought was a 85mm MAF and cold air kit from this outfit and received my purchase 06/07/04. Well i was shocked to find only the MAF kit but no cold air inlet tube as per the description on their website. I sent them an email with regards to this on the same day with no response and called their customer service department only to be told tough **** and too bad,so sad and that I was now stuck with this bait and switch product. I then asked for a return authorization # from this courteous fellow only to be told they do not take returns and i am stuck with it and to do with it whatever i want to do....Well, i filed a complaint with the TEXAS State Attorney General and and letting all my fellow Mustang community know not to do business with this company, they will not back up their products and they will treat you like dirt if you ever call them with a problem...once again-avoid RPMOUTLET.COM like the plague that they are///// :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered a 180 thermostat from them and when I got it, it would not fit my car as they advertised. I tried to return it as well and could not. I will not order anything from them again either. I ended up going to NAPA and getting one, which is where I should've went to start with.

I've heard different things like some people have had no problems with them but a bunch of people with stories like these, makes me think twice before I'd order anything from them. I always go to partshopper.com first, no problems ever and I've bought a lot of stuff from them, I look elsewhere if they don't have what I'm looking or if I can find a sick price.

How much did you pay for this kit? According to their webiste, there is a $100 difference in prices between the MAF kit and the MAF kit with Trueflow tube. Part # CNL10699a is without the tube for $255.95 and CNL10699ap is with the tube for $355.95. I'm just curious whether they ripped you off or maybe the wrong thing was ordered or maybe the pipe is on back order.
Regardless, with an attitude like they gave you, we don't need to give them our business.

Just out of curiousity...
Did they send an invoice or other form of billing with the items? If they did, check to see that they entered the correct part number for you order. People make mistakes and computers only help us make dumb mistakes faster. Now if they entered the wrong part number and charged you for the more expensive part, then you have the invoice as proof and you can send them a copy to show them. I noticed on the web site that the 2 kits have identical part numbers with the exception of "p" at the end of the kit that comes with the pipe.

Bummer dude :(

Unfortunately this thread was posted a few days after I put in a nice size order with them... I hope they dont try to play any games because i dont have time for that. I agree with Ryan02Stang we should get a thread for all the good places to buy from; the companies arent going to tell us that their bad and not to buy from them. Well... here is who I have had good dealings with:

Steeda, Maximum Motorsports, Houston Performance, D&D Motorsports, Patriot Performance, Sean Hyland Motorsport, ASSC Racing, Summit Racing - I call all of them first before any other place... even if it means paying a little more sometimes. I'd sacrifice a few extra $$$ knowing that I'm going to have a working part.

Not so good dealings: CPRParts.com - didn't even answer the phone with the company name, just said hello; told me my part was in stock when it wasnt and didnt ship until 5 days after I initially ordered it. Then, after all that, it showed up a day later than they said it would.

RPMoutlet.com - nothing really too bad about them, however when I placed this order they failed to notify me that my cams were on backorder and werent shipped out with the rest of my order. I was able to contact them and they said they would contact Crower and have the cams sent directly to me by thursday. I'll update when I hear something.

Woot,
You need to send a larger version of your signature picture to console him and as a matter of fact, everyone else.
Mariotboy,
I got scammed on some pulleys by a guy, sky46 on corral.net for 50.00. At least you did get something. But it's still Bull****! Go after them dude!!!! An incorporated company is just plain stupid to do this. They can't hide like individuals.

Assuming you are following the return policy I would also inform the TX better business bureau. I would write rpmoutlet a letter informing them of your actions. You might get lucky. I was involved in a similar issue and informed both the AG and BBB. I wrote the company a nice but firm letter and 5 days later they contacted me and a refund followed. Good luck