Rrrreally dumb for asking, but front spindle nut for bearing hub...

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
:rolleyes: I wish I had changed the front wheel bearing hubs on one of my two 1995 GT's, but I never had to so now I have to look like a dummy and ask. The nut looks wierd...its like two pieces clamped in a metal case the shape of a regular 6-point nut. I guess I just need a 1 & 3/8" socket to get that nut off? Or is it metric like a 34-35mm?

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe I didn't read enough, but...

cgrant said:
I personally have no idea but I would try looking in a Chilton or Haynes manual for your year.....I'm sure it will say
I looked in it last night when I started taking the front apart...all it says is to remove the grease cap, then remove the nut and pull the hub off. Very helpful those Haynes manuals :nonono:

silver4.6 said:
I used a 35mm socket on mine and it worked perfect. Of course you'll need a breaker bar or impact wrench to get it off, it's torqued to over 200ft/lbs from the factory.

35mm is exactly what I thought! I went to AutoZone last night to get a 1 & 3/8" socket or 35MM...the only 1 standard socket that size they keep in stock was gone, and they only had 34mm and 36mm met's. :rolleyes: Well now that I know that thing is just a nut that can be taken off w/ a socket I'll go buy the 35mm tonight. Thanks for your help guys. I get all my ?'s answered on this board! Its great. You guys really know your stuff.