View attachment 463570
Transferred the templates onto a larger piece of cardboard:
View attachment 463572
Large template cut out:
View attachment 463574
Fitment:
View attachment 463576

• Sponsors (?)

Don't quit, there are a few tricks you can do to make this modification easier!
I made mine out of aluminum once, then just before I had my roll cage installed I redid it. I wanted to get rid of my radio, so afterwards the parcel deck was fabricated out of aluminum to finish things off,... I used a number of existing holes and tabs to hold things in place as well as a few well placed Dzus fasteners. It takes a bit of getting used to installing these fasteners, but they are so cool,...

Your template looks good,.... Here are a few pictures of my install

rear_seat_delete_old.jpg
rear_seat_delete_new.jpg
dzus_fasteners.jpg
carpeted.jpg
parcel_deck.jpg
Aluminum_rear_deck.jpg

nope i havent quit just yet :)

yours looks awesome, mine is gunna look a little different being that as of current im planning on having the back portion inlaid in the area so you can see the boarders of it as easially...im about to make the large back template and once i put it in ill be able to tell if itll look ok or not

ok i wrapped it up for tonight.

i got the back template done, its as good as its gunna get on cardboard

im surprised that the back portion took twice as long as the bench portion...going into the project the back portion looked easier than the bench, oh well

alrighty, have some new pics for you gys:

this project is taking way longer than i anticipated however im almost done. tomorrow i just have to trim the back piece about 1/2" and it will be ready to be installed!

Snug fitment of the bench:
View attachment 463093
Alternate angle:
8.jpg

Shot close up:
9.jpg

Trunk view:
View attachment 463098
My helper all weekend, she's pooped:)
View attachment 463102

P.S. if you can notice on the driver's side of the bench portion, theres a piece that looks like it was cut and reattached, well it was, kinda. The piece i got from home depot was 48" long. unfortunately, i needed a piece 50" long, so i took half of a board and attached it to the end of another board to make it 50+ inches, allowing me the proper length. It will be hidden underneath the carpeting. It was something that had to be done, no way of getting around it

Cantslowdown said:
I was kinda thinking make the bottom part lift up so u can put stuff under there..Dunno what but you could put something there..

like my stash?:jester:

the design i have cant accomodate that, thats okay tho cuz i wasnt looking to store anything underneath it anyway. never had the space before, why need it now:shrug:

its a good idea, ive seen it done, that just adds more weight tho:nice: