Ruffled feathers 1990 coupe 4 eyed conversion

bologny pony

Apr 8, 2017
OK I know people have strong feelings on both ends but oh boy I have V6 1986 and a 1990 5.0 5 speed LX coupe that has been put in a ditch So I say why not there is little to know interest in the 1986 on CL so I am on the edge and ready to rape and pillage parts for my own enjoyment who does not.love the front end of the four eyes

Attachments

• 20180730_144553.jpg
    20180730_144553.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 20180711_065830_HDR.jpg
    20180711_065830_HDR.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

How bad is the damage to the 90? Is the 86 in good shape?
I'm not opposed to what you're planning, not my car, I see it as making one car into junk (86) and devaluation of the other (90).
i'd drive the 86 and keep it for sale while I fix the 90, again not my cars.

Aero coupes, hell coupes in general, are becoming unobtainium. Fix it. I see aero lx bumper covers, fenders, and the like come up for sale pretty frequently and pretty cheap. You would be chopping up the two body styles I love most, please don’t.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
How bad is the damage?

Swap the V8 driveline and sell the coupe as a roller. Might make enough to fund the project plus some extras. Then both cars live on.

Of course of coupe damage is superficial, I wouldn't do it. But if it's tweaked pretty good, sell it as a roller so someone can repair it

So both cars run and drive .The coupe has minimal damge but will need a new nose and some elbow grease ..As for the 86 its runs and drives but the market is just not there for this car has been for sale for some time I purchased the car on a whim so rust free horrible red interior..So I think this is going to happen and I will just part out the 1986 ..Another nice Piece of the 86 is the interior I have updated it to a grey GT interior from the dreaded red ..

Attachments

• 20180804_150811.jpg
    20180804_150811.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 20180804_150821.jpg
    20180804_150821.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 20180804_150821.jpg
    20180804_150821.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 213
I just bought the coupe two weeks ago and the thought had not crossed my mind until I was out wrenching and looked over and thought man I love that front end and that coupes is in need of some love ..And the coupe will always be worth more in my opinion than a swapped V6 car the cars are just not selling at close to fair price here on the west coast and If the 86 did sale people just want the interior or the nose off the car so its gettin parted by me or some one else ...You think 4 eye pride would be open to me parting out Ha Ha Ha

I just bought the coupe two weeks ago and the thought had not crossed my mind until I was out wrenching and looked over and thought man I love that front end and that coupes is in need of some love ..And the coupe will always be worth more in my opinion than a swapped V6 car the cars are just not selling at close to fair price here on the west coast and If the 86 did sale people just want the interior or the nose off the car so its gettin parted by me or some one else ...You think 4 eye pride would be open to me parting out Ha Ha Ha
FEP isn't really anal unless you put an aero nose on a 4i.

I'm a 4i nutcase, so anything you want to do to that aeronose to make it a 4i is fine with me.

Let's face it, exactly how much is a well used fox worth. You can speculate on the futures of values if you want, where's the fun of making a hot rod in that?

I'm for putting the five liter in the 4i to include the fuel injection.

FEP isn't really anal unless you put an aero nose on a 4i.

I'm a 4i nutcase, so anything you want to do to that aeronose to make it a 4i is fine with me.

Let's face it, exactly how much is a well used fox worth. You can speculate on the futures of values if you want, where's the fun of making a hot rod in that?

I'm for putting the five liter in the 4i to include the fuel injection.

I would say that the people running the FEP site are little over the top I tried to part a salvage title 86 bad not safe for highway travel with the rocker pushed in buckled floors and quarters and was told it should be fixed sorry salvaged title is a no go for me to dump money into but to each his own . And after all the run around and proving the car was junk they barely bought any parts it was like you were black listed I get the save em idea but come on

I would say that the people running the FEP site are little over the top I tried to part a salvage title 86 bad not safe for highway travel with the rocker pushed in buckled floors and quarters and was told it should be fixed sorry salvaged title is a no go for me to dump money into but to each his own . And after all the run around and proving the car was junk they barely bought any parts it was like you were black listed I get the save em idea but come on
Hum, kind of douchey of them I got to admit.

They've put up with way better than I thought they would.

We are pretty tolerant as long as you can take some ribbing, post some pics of the damage to the 90 then get to work, post up progress pics on this thread. We'll help when we can.

Oh well it might be some time before I get around to swapping parts have a laundry list of things to fix from small to large and I am daily driving car...

Broken 02
Header leaks
No rear defrost
Passenger lock
Vibration in drive line
Door lock acuators
Door seals
Window seals
Shotty tires
Bad temp probe
Crappy hot air intake
Bad hinges