rumor? cnl lower intake for 2v

• Sponsors (?)

don't forget that this is only a lower intake which is why it would be much cheaper than the fox lake. alos if it take s all the oem parts thats another factor for the lower price. the fox lake would only be like 900 or 1000 without the fuel rails. i'm not knocking any manufactures for building intakes for the 4.6 cause god knows we need it. i would definately buy the lower intake if it's around 500 just for the looks and the porting possibilities.

FastRedPonyCar said:
Like a few guys I know who did the bullitt intake swap and gained 7hp :notnice: sorry but I can find something better to spend $1300 on.

Sure. Maybe from peak to peak. But what you don't see is the gains they pick up above or below the peaks. The Bullitt intake picks up somewhere around 15 rwhp in the 5000-6000 RPM range on a GT with long tube headers. The prototype Fox Lake intake manifold picked up 17 rwhp at 5400 RPM and 21 rwtq at 2400 RPM on a completely bone stock '02 GT.

It will make even more of a difference on a car with more modifications, especially forced induction. Those with cams would benefit from an aftermarket intake manifold, also.

Kurgan said:
Sure. Maybe from peak to peak. But what you don't see is the gains they pick up above or below the peaks. The Bullitt intake picks up somewhere around 15 rwhp in the 5000-6000 RPM range on a GT with long tube headers. The prototype Fox Lake intake manifold picked up 17 rwhp at 5400 RPM and 21 rwtq at 2400 RPM on a completely bone stock '02 GT.

It will make even more of a difference on a car with more modifications, especially forced induction. Those with cams would benefit from an aftermarket intake manifold, also.

I just can't see myself spending that much money on a intake. Hopefully C&L can make a intake that will make decent power and be decently priced. It just seems to me that fox lake priced themselves out of the market. If they would bring the price down then they would sell hundreds instead of 40 or 50 :shrug:

Kurgan said:
It takes money to go fast.

Sorry.

Fox Lake's intake will already be cheaper than a Bullitt when it comes out.

Yes it does, but that does not mean we should not complain when something is more expensive than it should be! Don't get me wrong I am happy as hell that aftermarket companies are finally making more stuff for our cars. I am just hoping that the prices will start to come down soon :nice: I was considering getting the P-51 when it came out, but now I am going to wait and see what happens with the C&L piece. If it make comparable power and is reasonably priced than that is the one I will get. If it doesn't make caomparable power and no one comes out with another alternative in the mean time I will probably end up getting a P-51 (but I still won't be happy with the price :D )

So are they going to have 2 different ones? One for PI heads and one for non-PI heads? If so I am in for one with non-PI heads. Anyone know when it is going to be released? I am hoping to have my heads ported after the first of the year and it would be nice to send this intake to be extrude honed and port matched with them.

Moonlight97GT said:
So are they going to have 2 different ones? One for PI heads and one for non-PI heads? If so I am in for one with non-PI heads. Anyone know when it is going to be released? I am hoping to have my heads ported after the first of the year and it would be nice to send this intake to be extrude honed and port matched with them.

Wouldnt your money be better spent on ported PI heads. Why would you port the old style? :shrug:

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]Yes it does, but that does not mean we should not complain when something is more expensive than it should be! Don't get me wrong I am happy as hell that aftermarket companies are finally making more stuff for our cars. I am just hoping that the prices will start to come down soon :nice: [/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue your point, because you make a valid one. I wish everything were a little cheaper. I would have to expect that after the Fox Lake intake comes out that the Bullitt intake price will begin to fall. The Fox Lake intake's price likely won't fall much until another competitor comes out with another proven intake manifold for our cars.

FastRedPonyCar said:
lower intakes show minimal gains over stock on cars with little or no mods.

Like a few guys I know who did the bullitt intake swap and gained 7hp :notnice: sorry but I can find something better to spend $1300 on.

You gotta realize though, these ARE NOT Bulitt intakes
:nice:

they are made to produce more power than the Bulitts ever did. C'mon now, you gott give em a chance. Don't knock until you (or at least someone) has tried it. Fox Lake isn't even finished tweeking their intakes, and some nice gains have alreaydy been found.

Also, (I'm going out on a limb here) but I'm betting that they may only give an AVERAGE gain of 10 Hp maybe, but that'll most likely be b/c you lose a lil down low, but you get it where it counts. :banana:

Personally, I hopw C&L comes out w/ one. If I hd the $$$ right now, I'd be on ythe list for a Fox Lake or Reichardt intake :nice:

-Will

Kurgan said:
The Fox Lake intake's price likely won't fall much until another competitor comes out with another proven intake manifold for our cars.

I agree with you completely, that is one of the main reasons why I hope the rumor about the C&L intake is true. The more companies that makes an intake for our cars the cheaper they will be. :flag:

Also, I really hope that they realize that some of us don't care how pretty it is. It really bothers me when a company offers a part that is all polished, etc. when it would do just as well "as cast" and passed the savings onto the customer. As long as the inside is nice an clean, I don't care what the outside looks like unless it looks like a shop-class casting project gone bad.

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]I agree with you completely, that is one of the main reasons why I hope the rumor about the C&L intake is true. The more companies that makes an intake for our cars the cheaper they will be. :flag:[/QUOTE]

There have been a lot of rumors over the years about aftermarket companies coming out with products for our motors. A lot of it is vaporware. I wouldn't put any money down on a rumor. But I'd put money down on a prototype like what Fox Lake has.

nickthegenius said:
Also, I really hope that they realize that some of us don't care how pretty it is. It really bothers me when a company offers a part that is all polished, etc. when it would do just as well "as cast" and passed the savings onto the customer. As long as the inside is nice an clean, I don't care what the outside looks like unless it looks like a shop-class casting project gone bad.

I think that "as cast" would still look better than the plastic that we have now

i just got home from work and read all the posts and i am glad to see that there are alot of people that agree that it would be good if cnl made a lower intake that was reasonably priced and that i wasnt the onlyone to hear the rumor. keep the posts coming.

Customers will buy a product if they feel that they are getting a good buy. If CL comes through with a resonably priced lower intake that mates with their upper for gains of 20 RWHP (Upper & Lower) Then send me a bill!

I do feel that the other intakes are overpriced, but I'm sure the companies feel they need to get out, what they put in. We all have to understand this.

BUT.. if C&L comes through, then the other companies might be SOL when there product doesn't sale. If the lower produces some power (10 RWHP across the board) by itself, and is in the $400-$500 I will be one of the first to sign up for it.

Hell, I'm already saving my scrilla's for the Upper so I can run a 12 next season!