runing with no filter

bvav22

Jul 1, 2004
Michigan
Yesterday, my freind took my cai off to look at something. Now the ass didnt screw it back on tight enought and it fell off while i was driving. im not sure how long i was without it, all i know is the engine got HOT. went all the way to the red line. should i change my oil, cuase wouldnt it be dirty from the unfiltered air?

• Sponsors (?)

not running a filter would NOT cause your engine to get hot. Something else is probably wrong. I have run without filters before. Its not a good idea, but it wont cause any immiediate problems, check your coolant, and your fan to make sure its working, and changing the oil after an overheat is always a good idea.

Dr.

i dont think i have a sensor, i have a ebay CAI for a 5.0 so it didnt fit untill i bought a pvc adapter. now i was showing a freind how i made it, and i didnt screw it on completely, and i forgot to finish screwing it on becuase i got sidtracked. now i was driving for about 2 hours. and it started to really heat up when i would go into turn around lanes, so i fugred it was sucking in hot air formt he ening compartment making it so warm cuase when i drove home it cooled all the way down.