Running no PCV system?

• Sponsors (?)

What I want to know is why? The PCV evaucates all of the blowby out of the crank. Keeping the oil cleaner and high pressure air out of the way of fast moving pistons. Think about moving a piston through thicker, pressurized air as opposed to a slight vacuum.

Remember the feather falling at the same rate as the bowling ball in a vacuum tube.

IndyBlk5.0 said:
ttt i want more information, tell me why it helps to not run a pcv, i know pcv's suck oil into the intake runners... ive been looking at ways to get rid of this...

Not to get off track, use a vacuum pump if you want to get rid of the PCV system. With baffeling installed, you should not get much oil into the runners. After 100k miles, it may build up. You should have no more than an oil mist in the intake if everything is good.

if you replace the woven material under the pcv every so many miles it will help prevent some of the oil being sucked into the intake. also, this is why ford recommends changing the pcv valve every 10,000 miles

yep. a catch can will work. some use a fuel filter, but it requires maintenance. a catch can sounds like what you need. i plan on doin one at some point for fun. you can plumb the can to return the oil, but id rather dump it every now and again.

Some people (especially those with total seal rings or file fit type rings) use two breathers with tubing routed down to the header collector and into the exhaust. Remember if you go this route you need the one way valve at the collector so as not to get exhaust flow into the breather.
I personally would run a pcv system, a small vacuum induced into the crankcase also helps with unwanted seal/gasket failures.

and remember, the pcv system is bi-directional. something to think about when modding the system, if that is decided upon.

gearheadboy said:
Some people (especially those with total seal rings or file fit type rings) use two breathers with tubing routed down to the header collector and into the exhaust. Remember if you go this route you need the one way valve at the collector so as not to get exhaust flow into the breather.
I personally would run a pcv system, a small vacuum induced into the crankcase also helps with unwanted seal/gasket failures.

That only works if you have a short freeflowing exhaust with unbaffled mufflers. Or open headers. Works from the venturi principle.