Running Rich

87stang92sho

Active User
May 7, 2017
hi, i have a 87 mustang gt and it is running very rich, i cant figure out why. It ran finr until i did a cold air intake and then headers and just a h-pipe. I was worried about the engine maybe running a little lean because of the intake but i am definitely surprised its rich. How can i fix this???? I should also add that the o2 sensors are plugged in so thats not an issue any help would be very appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

I'll move your thread over to our Fox Tech subforum, the guys there will be able to help you out.

Good to have you with us.

Not sure. I would put cats back on, they really don't hurt horsepower. Especially the modern ones.
The reason i took them off wasn't really because of horsepower it was to make her louder. I also was thinking about getting a code reader and seeing what bad codes are on there because i know they haven't been scanned in a while.

Check the codes. There may be some present. How old are your oxygen sensors?

As far as loud exhaust, that's your prerogative. As I get older, I prefer a deep exhaust, but not too loud. And I can't stand drone.
Not sure if you'll get the exhaust to smell better without cats though.

Reactions: 1 user
Check the codes. There may be some present. How old are your oxygen sensors?

As far as loud exhaust, that's your prerogative. As I get older, I prefer a deep exhaust, but not too loud. And I can't stand drone.
Not sure if you'll get the exhaust to smell better without cats though.
The o2 sensors are the stock ones so maybe I should replace them and see if that helps