rust issues in jamb

tsiemens

Jul 14, 2018
ontario
so the only serious rust issue plaguing my car is behind the door pins. I was told 40 hours of labor by a body shop. I've already done major work to the 86 vert. top, heater core and floors.
Should I keep going? this is going to get stupid expensive

• Sponsors (?)

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
That can only be answered by you.
I would be checking the bottom of the windshield and under the cowel. Is the fenders off? If not pull them and see what else is rotting

tsiemens

Jul 14, 2018
ontario
yeah I know its up to me just a huge bummer. The body guy said it was bad enough....he said who actually safetied this??

BlakeusMaximus

“Blakeusdoneimus”
Jul 12, 2017
I bet that’s not the only spot that’s rusting on your car unfortunately. If it’s there in the door jamb, it’s probably somewhere else. Take those fenders off and check there and check your shock towers, floors etc.

Last edited:

tsiemens

Jul 14, 2018
ontario
I'll get some pictures soon. The body guy said his intention was to get that section from another southern car and replace the whole offending jamb section. As far as the floors I replaced those last year. I just didn't know how bad a door area was to structure when I bought it. For a thousand dollars for the record.

BlakeusMaximus

“Blakeusdoneimus”
Jul 12, 2017
Oh ok, cool. He's quoting a grand to do the jambs?? If you have already replaced the floors and you have good towers, don't stop now! Your definitely over the hump.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I almost bought a DB7 at my job. That is....almost. it was a beautiful car but way to nice for my mechanic boots. Lol