Ryan218 Progress thread..lots o pics.

I paid 3k for my GT and I still think I payed too much for it. You can look at it anyway you want but you still payed too much period. I don't mean this as an insult but seriously, I have seen foxes that are in better condition (not to mention cheaper) than yours at the junk yard.

well thats your opion.... 3k for a gt aint bad...a good condition GT can see 6,500+ up here...

• Sponsors (?)

oh and since i didnt put these pictures in here for some of you who didnt catch them in other threads...

88mustangbodywork092.jpg

88mustangbodywork078.jpg

88mustangbodywork086.jpg

88mustang007.jpg

and today after i got off work i put some 6" speakers in the rear to replace the factory 88's "premium sound"...

god i love my stang!

ok lil update... in the morning were driving down to puckerington to pick up a door for 60 bucks... when i get it back im thinking i may sand it down and prime it and throw it on there.

then im thinking about fixing my wipers...i have no idea whats wrong with them...no different speeds will work..only works if i push it up for the "wash" so im thinking the switch is bad?....

oh and here is the other project im doing Sunday...

0829071614.jpg

my buddy bought this for 1k last Monday...i got an engine hoist just in case...were gonna throw a new pump on there and prime the engine and turn it over...(know it runs) if it's not right were yanking the motor out...

needs a new oil pump...98k on it 5 speed.... needs new mirrors... (busted out) everything else is about 100% going to get a goof buff and polishing then its going on ebay....

you know...i know why my car sits like it is...i help to many other people with there cars :nonono:

Attachments

• 88mustangbodywork092.jpg
    88mustangbodywork092.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 88mustangbodywork078.jpg
    88mustangbodywork078.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 88mustang007.jpg
    88mustang007.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 88mustangbodywork086.jpg
    88mustangbodywork086.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 0829071614.jpg
    0829071614.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 66
ok lil update... in the morning were driving down to pickering ton to pick up a door for 60 bucks... when i get it back im thinking i may sand it down and prime it and throw it on there.

then im thinking about fixing my wipers...i have no idea whats wrong with them...no different speeds will work..only works if i push it up for the "wash" so im thinking the switch is bad?....

sounds like it bud. Had that happen to me once.. ended up being the switch on the column. If you lived closer i'd give you one of my extras

sounds like it bud. Had that happen to me once.. ended up being the switch on the column. If you lived closer i'd give you one of my extras

how much of a pain are they to replace..

oh and check out the ebay item's...i was thinking of just buying new?

becasue it would be a lil over 160 after shipping or? you think thats it crap parts?

there easy. Pull the cover off and couple torx screws man. PIE

And the ebay item is the ford racing kit. Nothing wrong with it at all. or you can run to a boneyard, get two left ranger axles and some drums. 7.5/8.8.. long as its 28 spline it doesnt matter

there easy. Pull the cover off and couple torx screws man. PIE

And the ebay item is the ford racing kit. Nothing wrong with it at all. or you can run to a boneyard, get two left ranger axles and some drums. 7.5/8.8.. long as its 28 spline it doesnt matter

yeah last time i got axles the splines were crap a fter i looked closely...

going to the junkyard on the way back from picking up a v ert door so were gonna stop in and see whats there

one more pic... when i first got the door..paided 60 for everything..

0902071310.jpg

oh and caution no more...

88mustangbodywork107.jpg

88mustangbodywork111.jpg

Attachments

• 88mustangbodywork107.jpg
    88mustangbodywork107.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 0902071310.jpg
    0902071310.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 88mustangbodywork111.jpg
    88mustangbodywork111.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 67
thanks..its getting there...im thinking of leaving it in primer for the winter and then first thing come spring it gets painted...like doing all the body work in a few weeks and have the whole car in primer then in spring sand it down and paint it...

im not sure yet what i want to do...

Ryan, primer will soak up moister over time and cause more surface rust than what you had before hand, if you plan on leaving it outside over the winter I would not leave the car in primer. Just so I don't sound like a douch I do paint and body as a second income and I'm alot better at that than I ever will be at the mechanic side of the mustang.