S/C guys, what did you do with your overflow tank? need help quick please

fastf50rd

Jan 17, 2003
mass.
I have a Paxton SN93, and my rad. overflow bottle won't fit behind the double crank pulley, or the s/c belt tensioner. Any suggestions on how, or where to re-locate? If i do move it, what do i do with my CCRM. Should i get a universal catch can from jegs or summit? Any suggestions would help alot. thanks guys
-Matt

• Sponsors (?)

No pics of the actual cutting, but if you look at the opening area of the bracket closely in the 2 pics, you see the difference in size.
RC
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DCP_0519a.jpg
    DCP_0519a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DCP_1098a.jpg
    DCP_1098a.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 176
You don't have to cut the bracket. You turn the existing bracket mounting holes into ovals (not very much). This way you can slide the top of the bracket back and forth. Tighten where you want it. It takes about 2 minutes compared to pulling, cutting, redrilling, etc.

VibrantRedGT said:
You don't have to cut the bracket. You turn the existing bracket mounting holes into ovals (not very much). This way you can slide the top of the bracket back and forth. Tighten where you want it. It takes about 2 minutes compared to pulling, cutting, redrilling, etc.

You may or MAY NOT be able to get away with this. If you make it so it slides, and you have to slide it too much for clearance, then the front end will not clear. Remember Joe, M.S. did not even the bracket. The tensioner pulley was lowered enough (Used belt) that it did not bump. When I went to put the new belt on, the tensioner was lifted such that it bumped that bracket....that's when we had to cut it.
RC

Snoozer
That looks sweet! :nice:
Where are you running the hose to the overflow? Are you running it to the bottom of the resivoir where the washer fluid hose used to go? Did you have to cut the low coolant sensor wire that goes into the overflow tank to make it fit into the washer resivoir? I would love to try this, more info please. :D
BTW: Where in the hell is your ABS equipment relocated to?

it runs to the bottm of the tank

I qm running no coolant sensor. when unplugged, it throws no light.

and its a gts, no abs

I did dremel out taht screne at the top of the fluid tank so i can see into it.

has never overflowed...

i use the white cap.

they see the overflow line "going to a catch can in the fender"

i mean it IS a catch can and does not leak. nothing illegal abbout it.

95snoozer said:
and its a gts, no abs

NO ABS :jaw:

That's where FORD really pisses me off sometimes....If they want to remove the spoiler, fog lights, and power windows, and use cloth only interior to make a lower cost model with the same power..that's fine!....but to NOT put ABS in the car and sacrifice safety....:stupid:

I guess they had a hard time giving up the foxes completely :shrug:
RC