S/C Install finally started

• Sponsors (?)

sonicblue87lx said:
how many pounds of boost where your running for the dyno? Im installing my blower right now im my 347 just trying to get an idea

Good luck mine took longer than I thought.. Here are a few photo's from mine. http://www.popsfun.com/vortech/
I am running about 8lbs. Here is my setup.

New -- SCT Chip
New -- Lightning MAF
New -- SQ Vortech
New -- T-rex inline Fuel Pump
New Cosmetic gaskit to cut compression to appx. 9.6
Mac Shorty Headers
TFS TW Heads ported
Cobra Intake ported
Steeda 19 Cam
FMS 65mm T/B
Flowmaster Exhaust
42# injectors
1.72 Roller Rockers
MSD 6al
Walbro 255 LPH intank
Aluminum Flywheel
TF Girdle
Forged internals

Steve

i made 455 hp and 438 trq with my stock bottem end, with your added cubes it should be easy ,that stock inlet pipe never went on my car, and it made 10lbs with the stock pulley with the belt good and tight, after you drive the car a couple hundred miles tighten the belt again

Steve, what did Paul and the others think. I kno you have worked a long time on this, and I don't want to rain on your parade but something isn't adding up. There is no reason you shouldn't have made at or much nearer to 500rwhp with your mods. The top of that graph looks weird to me for a vortech car, the HP sort of flat lines from 5250-6000 like and NA car might, but a vortech car shouldn't, at least not at that low of an RPM even with the added cubes IMO. Is the stock vortech inlet "soft" or is it a hard plastic? If it was soft maybe it was semi-collapsing on itself and starving the supercharger for air. It looks like you hit a wall at around 5250 and normally its due to something being at its limit for flow, but in your setup there shouldn't be anything that isdoing this, at least not that I can think of. I'm stumped...

Killercanary said:
Steve, what did Paul and the others think. I kno you have worked a long time on this, and I don't want to rain on your parade but something isn't adding up. There is no reason you shouldn't have made at or much nearer to 500rwhp with your mods. The top of that graph looks weird to me for a vortech car, the HP sort of flat lines from 5250-6000 like and NA car might, but a vortech car shouldn't, at least not at that low of an RPM even with the added cubes IMO. Is the stock vortech inlet "soft" or is it a hard plastic? If it was soft maybe it was semi-collapsing on itself and starving the supercharger for air. It looks like you hit a wall at around 5250 and normally its due to something being at its limit for flow, but in your setup there shouldn't be anything that isdoing this, at least not that I can think of. I'm stumped...

Hi
Well it was late last night before we finished and we didn't talk much... they said to drive it a while and come back it was a safe tune. I am going back tues. or wed for them to finish my egr delete (check light), and will talk some more.
Very peceptive of you to think of the soft intake tube(dryer duct)...that is my guess also, it takes a very good/bad bend after going thru the fender well, Jay and I were not happy when we did it, but didn't see an alternative then. Also my Lightning MAF is pegged. I will have an SCT meter before long, spoke to Tom about it this morning, they have them in stock. :)
So 2 problems I see, the bend in the dryer hose and the meter. Dryer hose fix is a power pipe (Tom has one in the shop) and the meter of course a sct meter. Both will be fixed before summer. I have put quite a few things on my tab at Paul's and want to get an accounting before spending any more:rolleyes: . What do you think??

Steve

YEAHLOH95 said:
just be careful the frist time you get on it it will surprise you wha tires you running ? drag radials i hope

Just have street tires on it now 295/50/15, have DR's for the track. Took it out yesterday :D Lots of fun... 2nd gear is a blast, you do have to watch it though especially in a slight turn. :D Expressway on ramps are a lot of fun. I was surprised that the boost really doesn't come on til you go WOT, I thought (there i go again thinking) at higher rpm you would just see it... no so. Anyway it was fun..:D

Steve

95cobraguy said:
i would put a set of long tubes on, a 75mm throttle body, and a powerpipe to start. are those injectors sufficient enough?

Long tubes probably not will spend money elsewhere

75MM T/B Cobra intake is only 65 MM so have to change intakes not til I need to.. my son is making power to 575rwhp with his cobra and 65MM ( I think that is that is limiting him at this point)

Injectors maybe not right now not using an FMU but if I get the SCT meter and Power pipe might need FMU or bigger injectors:shrug: the dyno will tell

Steve