S.D. Stangers, What's next?

• Sponsors (?)

So, back to that idea of going up to Irwindale to watch some 1/2 mile oval racing, maybe towards the end of September.
Anyone into that?
I can get some hotel rooms for about 50 bones for anyone interested in staying up there, or it's just an hour and a half drive back.
If you've never been there, it's pretty damned cool. Any motorhead would enjoy it as well as the girlfriend/wife and family. It's a very clean, family friendly atmosphere.

Chupacabras said:
Irwindale to watch or race??

Ken

Just spectate.

Unless you think the Cobra can keep up with the race cars.

Seriously though, the drag strip is only running on Thursday afternoons but it is real fun.
But,
Check out the web site, the races on the 1/2 mile track are real cool to watch.

Bill, I'm still game to do that. If it's only an hour and a half away I'd just drive up and then drive back in one day. Was there any big event that you had in mind to go see or did you just want to cruise up there on a weekend and check it out?

1st, Irwindale runs Thursday, its 20 to race, 5 to watch. Its off the 605 at Arrow hwy.

2nd, R281, you're still hot. 'nuff said. But married now??? Last time we talked, you didn't have this problem,lol. You should think about coming to our Mustang show, its Sept 19th at the Petersen Museum in LA. Download Registration and Info here The Petersen is having a special Mustang exhibition thats going on now till October. THey have the original Mustang II prototype, and 1st production hardtop there. Should be cool.

3rd, I was in the SD area again this weekend. Went to dinner in Del Mar and then took a few cases of beer to the beach. 1/2 hour later, all 8 of us were busted for having bottles on the beach. D'oh. Fuggers took out beer and let us go though. Whew.

4th, this next weekend is the last shows I'll be doing at Del Mar(gotta go to Ruidoso). We're planning on going out with a bang Saturday night.
If anyones down, let me know.

Don

1990StangLX said:
Bill, I'm still game to do that. If it's only an hour and a half away I'd just drive up and then drive back in one day. Was there any big event that you had in mind to go see or did you just want to cruise up there on a weekend and check it out?

I think the race on the 25th looks like a good one, and yeah you're right, it's no long haul or nothin. My sister and Pat's sister both live up there and we do it for the day all the time.

02roush said:
You should think about coming to our Mustang show, its Sept 19th at the Petersen Museum in LA. Download Registration and Info here The Petersen is having a special Mustang exhibition thats going on now till October. THey have the original Mustang II prototype, and 1st production hardtop there. Should be cool.

That would be fun, but I'll be in Reno on the 19th. When does the Mustang Exhibit end? Would make a fun cruise...

L8 MUSL said:
I think the race on the 25th looks like a good one, and yeah you're right, it's no long haul or nothin. My sister and Pat's sister both live up there and we do it for the day all the time.

The race on the 25th sounds cool Bill. I was just checking the schedule. turns out I work that Friday, so Saturday Sept. 25th is open for me. :D

Have you checked out the races at the Q thread I started yet :shrug:

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
The race on the 25th sounds cool Bill. I was just checking the schedule. turns out I work that Friday, so Saturday Sept. 25th is open for me. :D

Have you checked out the races at the Q thread I started yet :shrug:

Just did.
But Sept.25th ? hmmm, that leaves an awful lot of time for someone to get engaged and plan a wedding and or bachalor party.
I'll believe it when I see it.

02roush said:
1st, Irwindale runs Thursday, its 20 to race, 5 to watch. Its off the 605 at Arrow hwy.

2nd, R281, you're still hot. 'nuff said. But married now??? Last time we talked, you didn't have this problem,lol. You should think about coming to our Mustang show, its Sept 19th at the Petersen Museum in LA. Download Registration and Info here The Petersen is having a special Mustang exhibition thats going on now till October. THey have the original Mustang II prototype, and 1st production hardtop there. Should be cool.

3rd, I was in the SD area again this weekend. Went to dinner in Del Mar and then took a few cases of beer to the beach. 1/2 hour later, all 8 of us were busted for having bottles on the beach. D'oh. Fuggers took out beer and let us go though. Whew. Then we went to a little skanky nudie bar(one of the girls ideas-nice). Drank like a fish and ended up knuckle-deep in one of the hotties, Tamyra!!

4th, this next weekend is the last shows I'll be doing at Del Mar(gotta go to Ruidoso). We're planning on going out with a bang Saturday night.
If anyones down, let me know.

Don

The petersen museum sounds closer.

As for the race in San Diego, my husband doesn't want to go. He said "The mustang needs a new clutch." He did tell me that I could go by myself, but it's too scary for me to drive about two hours at night going back home.
PM me when you go somewhere close to Orange or Los Angeles county. :nice:

r281 said:

As for the race in San Diego, my husband doesn't want to go. He said "The mustang needs a new clutch." He did tell me that I could go by myself, but it's too scary for me to drive about two hours at night going back home.

Like I said, you can register on that link, or they do have day of registration(but it costs a lot more) or for $5 you can show your car in the Pony Corral, but not compete for trophies. As for LA or Orange, I live in Burbank, so I'm always around. Do you guys have any interest in joinging a Mustang Club?

As for the question about the display, it started last week, and goes till after our show. I think it stays till October-ish.

Don

L8 MUSL said:
Just did.
But Sept.25th ? hmmm, that leaves an awful lot of time for someone to get engaged and plan a wedding and or bachalor party.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Funny you should mention it. Probably as you were typing a buddy if mine here at work was telling about he is getting married in early Oct. BUT its going to be a small one only family. Thats good. Im am about weddinged out.

Could probably handle another Bachelor Party though. Damn that was a crazy time. :D

r281 said:

sorry to hear you can't make it :( i'm sure we'll be doing another cruise up in northern san diego county sometime soon though :)