• ABC Exclusive Cobra

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Cobra-R

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
alright, finally got the $$$ to fix my hail damage! since i'm gonna be doing body work already, might as well install the body kit, only thing is i'm undecided. i want your help in deciding. pick one of these 3:

1) Roush:
M20_rayjames.jpg

94roushpagegraphic.jpg

2) ABC Exclusive Cobra (saleen body kit with pictured front bumper):
abc3.jpg

3) Cobra-R (saleen body kit with pictured front bumper):
1159page_01-1159page_02_cli.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Paul, if you're going to stick with that color, do the Roush. It looks nice. If you decide on another color, go with the cobra with lip, and whatever you do, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE COBRA R!! I've never been a fan of it and think it looks too big for our cars. About the stripes on the car, try to do the two racing stripes, gives it more attitude than than the 'T' design you're talking about. Not sure if either would look good with the Roush tho.

i like the cobra-r, i'm just concerned w/ the lip--it's a little too low for our $hitty roads around here, and the body lines don't match up. i guess what i really like about it is the overall aggressive look, but i HATE unmatched body lines. same thing w/ the paint... i want to follow body lines, and while the T-stripe looks awesome on the early bosses/05's, i'm also not sure it'll go well with the sn95. i've been sitting on some graphics and none seem to fit the body lines of our cars well, so i'm either going no graphics at all, or plain racing stripes.

on another note, if i go w/ the abcexclusive front bumper, i'll wait on the side skirts and do a gt40p head/intake swap instead (gonna keep the same cam for a turbo). i guess going show and go at the same time wouldn't be a bad way to spend some $$$. thanks for the input, guys. looks like i'll be going in the paint booth/shop within the next couple of weeks. just waiting on getting a new hood, should pick that up on wednesday.

so it'll be this bumper:
abc3.jpg

w/ the roush sides/rear. that should make a good combo. input welcome.

yeah, what really bugged me about the cobra-r front is the mismatching body lines. i would've loved looking at it from the front, but on a side view, it would've looked like ass because the grooves/lines don't flow at all. in all, i'm a big fan of fog lights, and the wider they are apart, the better, imo.

now as for paint, what do you guys think of the superstallion paint scheme?
superstallion1.jpg

only, instead i'd replace the blue with BLACK, the white with SMOKE, and get rid of the green stripe. i'd go with an orange pinstripe to divide the black and smoke. SERIOUSLY considering this. input welcome.

Ram000 said:
yeah, what really bugged me about the cobra-r front is the mismatching body lines. i would've loved looking at it from the front, but on a side view, it would've looked like ass because the grooves/lines don't flow at all. in all, i'm a big fan of fog lights, and the wider they are apart, the better, imo.

now as for paint, what do you guys think of the superstallion paint scheme?
superstallion1.jpg

only, instead i'd replace the blue with BLACK, the white with SMOKE, and get rid of the green stripe. i'd go with an orange pinstripe to divide the black and smoke. SERIOUSLY considering this. input welcome.

Im not so sure about that. IMO if it wasnt on the superstallion...most people wouldnt like it. I like that color combination you are thinking off...i would have to see it on the car to tell if i like it or not.

Anyone know where, or if they even do sell that front bumper off the SS?

bimmertech said:
my pick is #2. paint it BMW cosmos black and throw on some black saleen 18x9/18x10's. then put a saleen heat extracor hood with a 00 cobra motor/trans with 4 turbos and nitrous.

What paint is that? I have heard of carbon black and sapphire black from BMW. Not cosmos black.

4turbos? lol i wanna see that done :D

nmcgrawj said:
What paint is that? I have heard of carbon black and sapphire black from BMW. Not cosmos black.

4turbos? lol i wanna see that done :D
cosmos black is most prevelant on E36's, but i've seen it on E46's before. as for the four turbos it was just a joke, but i have seen it before. Mike Meany used to run a quad turbo'd small block chevy in a 96 camaro. the engine had no gaskets in it at all, they were all nitrogen filled o-rings.

bimmertech said:
cosmos black is most prevelant on E36's, but i've seen it on E46's before. as for the four turbos it was just a joke, but i have seen it before. Mike Meany used to run a quad turbo'd small block chevy in a 96 camaro. the engine had no gaskets in it at all, they were all nitrogen filled o-rings.

got any pics? I have never seen it before.