S10 challenges mustang

projectstang

Apr 14, 2004
I was sitting at the city pool the other day when this guy starts talking to me through the fence. He owns an early nineties s10. grey hood and right side, white left fender, black driver side door, no front bumper or grille. real piece of $#!*. Anyway, here was our conversation

him: "You ready to lose that car of yours?" (my '70 fastback with a stock windsor. . . a 600 cfm carburator and headers are the only mods.)

me: "to what?"

him: "that S10"

me: "You want ME to race pink slips???"

him: "I figured you were scared."

me: "No, I just don't know what I would do with the gray pile of sh**."

him: "Okay, just look me up whenever you're ready."

:rlaugh:

I do realize that S10's can beat the crap out of anything right off the line, but what would it take under his hood to beat my stock windsor?? Don't worry, I would never race for slips anyway, but I HATE STUPID CHEVY PEOPLE!!!! :bang: Ok, I'm spent.

• Sponsors (?)

You know, it's pretty common to put a 350 into one of those things. And they run really fast. I had a buddy in high school that had a 90 s-10 with a mean 350 in it. I couldn't ever beat it, I had a fresh 351w.

Guess the morel of the story is; don't judge a book by its cover.

maybe this is the question I should be asking. . . What does the MUSTANG need under the hood to put that chevy in it's place?? also, while I have your attention, how much would rear traction bars help for $150? Seems like a fair deal to me. Any thoughts??

I saw some really old guy with fat slicks and loud exhaust on an S-10 roll up at Sear's Point one day. Everyone laughed. He ran a mid 11 if I remember right...whatever it was, it made everyone :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

I've seen it more than once with guys with these tiny little trucks blow the socks off the race cars they run against...obviously not with the stock motors.

One word: Syclone. An S10 with a turbocharged Buick V6 and all wheel drive... Now that could be one dangerous S10. I've seen 'em run 10s in the quarter with a nice big turbo and a huge intercooler. Watch yourself with any guy wanting to run for pinks. Don't do it without a look under the hood first or you might end up :owned:

DarkBuddha said:
One word: Syclone. An S10 with a turbocharged Buick V6 and all wheel drive...

Sorry, but no. It's not the Buick V6. It's a Chevrolet 4.3L; exactly 2 cylinders less than a Chevy 350/5.7L mouse motor - same as in the Rice-Eating Generic Chevy Truck (And 1/2NK's S10 - which, BTW, officially is mine!). That having been said, the 4.3 having the 350's bore/stroke/rods/valves means that the Syclone can wear all the LT1/LS6 internal goodies/blower/intercooler; and it did! The boss at my old hospital job showed me the difference between my stocker 4.3 and his 'Clone....95 measured feet of AWD rubber (as in all four stripes) with me in the shotgun seat. :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Having hit a couple of the Chevy Truck and S10 forums when I first bought 1/2's Li'l Red Truck; I've stumbled across a couple of guys stuffing 383 and bigger stroker smallblocks under their hoods. Think about a '66 with a 393-408-427 Windsor under the hood. :banana: We-elllll.......

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
Sorry, but no. It's not the Buick V6. It's a Chevrolet 4.3L; exactly 2 cylinders less than a Chevy 350/5.7L mouse motor - same as in the Rice-Eating Generic Chevy Truck (And 1/2NK's S10 - which, BTW, officially is mine!). That having been said, the 4.3 having the 350's bore/stroke/rods/valves means that the Syclone can wear all the LT1/LS6 internal goodies/blower/intercooler; and it did! The boss at my old hospital job showed me the difference between my stocker 4.3 and his 'Clone....95 measured feet of AWD rubber (as in all four stripes) with me in the shotgun seat. :eek: :eek: :eek: .
Still Dreamin'

my moms van has a chevy 4.3L v6, is that the same motor???