S281 spoiler where can i order one????

PSCBrenden

May 6, 2004
Dallas
S281 spoiler or ?? where can i order one????

I looking to replace my factory spoiler with i think an S281 :shrug: , but i have some questions...

1. Where can i order one from?
2. Where can i see good pics of one on a 99-04 body?
3. Will it cover up the hole made by removing the factory spoiler?
4. Do you guys suggest other that dont look ricey?

• Sponsors (?)

1. Where can i order one from?

Speedworx.com or Haney Motorsports. I got mine through Speedworx in 3 days and the 3rd brake light came a week later. I have read many good things about Haney Motorsports too. DO NOT order directly from Saleen. Horrible customer service and many people have had trouble getting their products shipped to them. They always claim that the order was lost, UPS/Fedex lost the package, etc. or some other lame excuse.

2. Where can i see good pics of one on a 99-04 body?

Some "OK" pics of my car. I need better ones.

http://sir_not_appearing.home.insightbb.com/mustang.htm

3. Will it cover up the hole made by removing the factory spoiler?

If you are getting the one-piece, just make sure you get a '99-'00 Saleen spoiler for a '99-'00 or a '01 spoiler for an '01-'04. I personally wouldn't get the 3-piece unless you have the full Saleen kit because IMHO it looks out of place whereas the regular S281 blends with the cars natural lines.

4. Do you guys suggest other that dont look ricey?

Roush wings look pretty sweet. They look like the factory '99-'00 wing but larger. The '03 Cobra spoiler was my second choice, but would have required getting the whole trunklid repainted because it doesn't cover up the factory GT holes. The new MRT spoiler looks good too.

1. I'd recommend getting it directly from Saleen. Regardless of the horror stories that have been posted, I have bought two wings directly from Saleen. Both times they showed up on my doorstep in a week with no problems whatsoever.
2. Pics of cars with S281 wings are all over Stangnet. A lot of people have links in their signature to their cardomain sites with often tons of pics. For example, my link is below.
3. Yes, it will cover the holes just fine. HOWEVER, you must make sure to buy the S281 for the particular spoiler you have. 99 GT's have a different spoiler (and hence, hole locations) than the current 01+.
4. I had an S281 that got stolen. I replaced it with an S351 on the insurance company's dime. The S351 wing looks wayyyyy better IMO than S281. Also, it comes in much better condition than S281 requiring much less prep work at the body shop (i.e., cheaper to install).

S281:
457554_12_full.jpg

S351:
457554_41_full.jpg