Roush S351 Fuel Pressure Question

• Sponsors (?)

S351R"Animal" said:
If anyone wants a better electronics package for the S351 send me an e-mail. I will be offering the same set-up that is on mine soon.

Hey Animal.

Is that an eeec5 OBD II you are talking about? I am on the edge about going OBD II. As you can see from my last post I'm not too happy about my last dyno results. I'm going to address my mass air and fuel issue first. Then contemplate OBD II.

Right now it isn't OBD II. I am still working on that. My 96 still isn't OBD II. Saleen never converted it and still refuses to. I should know something on the OBD II system after the first of the year. This system will cure fuel issues and does away with the mass air system. I need to get the wiring prints for the 96-up cars so i can start work on the kits. I'll let you know when i find out. Thanks,
Scott

Marcus,
I am working to build an OBD II harness and all the components necessary for the 97-upgrade. I am having a fun time doing the wiring right now! It will probably be a little cheaper than the FAST system but, not much. If I can find a cheap source for the harnesses it would help greatly! I had to buy new Ford harnesses for the one I have for my S351. We won't discuss how much that was. I bought bumper to bumper, all the harnesses! I need to find 96-up 4.6 gt harnesses and 94-5 injector harnesses.
Scott

Thanks Scott.

Yea, I got a guy here that will put together a OBDII harness for me and it looks to be a pain to do on top of getting it all installed. I plan on that tackle after the beginning of the new year. I just want to work on solving my "fuel issue" now so I can see what is worth it, and what is not. Keep me updated.

Marcus, where did you get your power pipe and how much cutting did you have to do to get it to fit. Also, did your S351 come with the motor set-back about an inch. Mine did. The power pipe I have would take alot of cutting to get it to fit, but it is for a T or YS-trim vortech. I'm doing the winter engine upgrades and I'm thinking about adding a power pipe. I'd like to make 600 rwhp with the new combo. I went with a new rotating assembly (Billet steel crank stock stroke, 6.125 h-beam rods, and custom pistons. ). I have another built shortblock that will be for sale soon.
Scott

Scott,

Digital camera is at my office. I'll take a few detailed pics for you tomorrow. I opened up that oblong factory hole a bit more but totally stayed away from the shock tower and lined the hole with a open rubber grommet. Looks as close to factory as possible. The only drawback is most of the powerpipe is in the fender so you can't see much. I have the factory S-trim. I just drove my car the other day and man, what a difference. You won't be sorry. It has been the best improvement I have made so far. 2nd place would be the global west subframe connectors with seat supports and a close third was the coilovers. Drives like a completely different car. Best of all the GT3 guys can't get away from me anymore. I just sit on their asses. I don't think they want me to come along with them anymore and I'm still not done tuning. You will have 600 rwhp no problem with that combo.
Oh yea, I almost forgot. It is an Anderson part number AF-0102C

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/ A new mass air bracket had to be made but was no big deal. It's cheapest directly from them.

Did Saleen ever open up this area on any of the cars. I know my fender apron was massaged from the factory to clear the inlet tube since the motor was set back an inch. I won't need the mass air bracket since I no longer use mass air. If I had room I would just install a filter right at the blower inlet. I just wouldn't have a place for the inlet temp sensor. I am now debating on what to do with the spare motor I will have.
Scott

Yes, All of the blown cars have beat marks from the hammer. Oh yea, all of them have that slot cut where the motor sets a little farther back than stock. Out factory motor mounts are 83 convertible altered motor mounts. weird huh. that's the joke why on your engine bay plaque it says "hand crafted" later on it says "manufactured". I didn't have time for pic. will take tomorrow.

Thanks. That is getting to close to the shock towers fo me. I just had that whole area replaced and didn't want to cut that much again. Since I don't need a mass air metter I may figure a way to just install the filter right at the inlet.

S351R"Animal" said:
Thanks. That is getting to close to the shock towers fo me. I just had that whole area replaced and didn't want to cut that much again. Since I don't need a mass air metter I may figure a way to just install the filter right at the inlet.

what do you mean by " just had that whole area replaced " ????? Did you total your car?

No. I had the battery apron area replaced because it had been cut for the xx-trim vortech that was on it when I bought the car. The car has never been wrecked. (Knock on wood!) I wish i could say the same for my Cobra R though. It spent a little to much time on the track!