saleen body kit help

jdogg1583

May 14, 2005
alright everyone i am in need of some major help. im looking to buy a saleen body kit for my 2002 gt. i want good quality but im willing to bend a little for price. but, i don't want something that im going to have to pay a body shop $1000 to make it look good. i don't wanna spend $1000 for the kit either. have any of you bought saleen clone kits? any info or experience would be great. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

if you don't want to spend money on kit nor shop? you might as well forget about Saleen...
Not to be dick, but Saleen kit is expensive, and cost alot to prep?fit to your car. If you want body kit, and spend less, Get Roush. Little cheaper then Saleen, but takes ALOT less to prep/ fit then Saleen. But if you buy entire kit(which is cheaper then Saleen), then you'll need Side pipe(which would cost about as much as entire kit). But prolly still cheaper then get Saleen kits, and get it fitted and pinted and do so the right way
You can get cheap fiberglass kits off of e-bay and such. But you'll be very unhappy with it, as most people who gets cheap fiberglass knock off often say

im just looking for people that have gotten clone kits to either recommend one or to let me know where not to buy from. thanks.

mossberg, i sent you a private message. just wondering if you knew any good body shops around the detroit area that i could get my kit painted at.

If youre gonna get a Saleen kit dont get the rip off fiberglass parts. I hit a deer with mine and just needed a repaint. Fiberglass......forget about it. Its worth the extra money IMO and you can do the prepping yourself.

From what I hear: Haney Motorsprts is best place to get your kit from--and supposedly Saleen has changed up their 99-04 kits and they are suposed to be better quality than before...but u still gonna pay