Roush *** Saleen Club Of America National Show ***

Saleen Mike

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
*** Saleen Club Of America National Show *** (July 8-11th 2004)

fest2004.jpg

A Celebration of 20 Years of Saleen

July 8th - 11th 2004

The Saleen Club Of America 2004 National Show will be July 8th to 11th, 2004, and will be hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Region. The weekends events will be held in the National Capital area and the Richmond, VA area.

You are not going to want to miss out on what will be one of the largest Saleen gatherings ever!

EVERYONE is welcome to join in on the fun & the show is FREE to enter!

Thursday July 8th
Dinner at local Steakhouse for the early arrivals in Fairfax, VA.

Friday July 9th
Sight seeing and driving tour in Washington DC from 9:30am to 2:30pm. Welcome barbeque from 4:30pm to 7:30pm in Fairfax, VA. Caravan from Fairfax host accommodations to Richmond accommodations at 8:00pm

Saturday July 10th
Show location: Performance Autosport located in Richmond, VA

Check in 9am-11am, Car Show 11am-5pm, Awards Presentation 5pm, Dinner 7pm.

Sunday July 11th
Skyline Drive Cruise departing from host accommodations at 9am to include a farewell luncheon

Fairfax, VA Host Accommodations

Marriott Residence Inn
12815 Fair Lakes Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22033
Phone: 703-266-4900 Fax: 703-266-8600
http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/IADFL

Richmond, VA Host Accommodations

Hilton Garden Inn
4050 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA
804-521-2900
$79 room rate

AmeriSuites
4100 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA
804-747-9644
$89 room rate

Comfort Suites
4051 Innslake Drive
Glen Allen, VA
804-217-9200
$79 room rate

To RSVP for this event, or for more information, please contact us at: [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

tfalk said:
I'll be there with either 86-122 or 99-122.

Looking forward to seeing you again Ted.

Last year we had a "trial event" on a Friday, and 42 Saleens were there, as well as many other Mustangs. With the main "show" on Saturday, we are aiming for 50-75 Saleens, and many more Mustangs.

If you can not make it for the full weekend of fun make sure you come by on Saturday at a minimum.

Hope to see EVERYONE there!

Well Ted, as you saw, we filled the main lot, the lot across the street, and had some cars lining the street as well :)

The weekend was a great time, and fun was had by all!

It was quite nice to see many familiar faces, get to put faces to names I see here on the board, or as members in the club, and meet lots of new people.

By the end of the day of the show we had 48 SALEENS come, and over 75 other Mustangs, Lightnings etc. Brad Bowling even came by and was autographing the Saleen Books for everyone.

Thanks to everyone who helped put the event together, as well as our event sponsors.

Platinum Level ($1,000+):
Performance Autosport

Silver Level ($100-$250):
Saleen Locator Service
Christa Chessnoe & Family

Bronze Level ($50-$99):
AutoArtGarage.com
Dennis McKee & Family

Last night Robert Cutler pulled an "all nighter" before I took him to the airport to fly home to California, and started sorting out a couple of the image sets.

He didn't have time to get a link online before we headed off to the airport, but here is what he has for everyone so far: CLICK HERE

I'm sure the pictures will keep on coming, and the full set will be online at the club website soon.

Thanks again to everyone that came out, and we hope you had a great time!

And a fun time was had by all! Great weekend, nice meeting new people and hanging
with some old friends. Wish I had brought the speedster instead of the 86, would have
made for a more interesting sight on the caravan down.

That 2F2F car is just amazing in person, the paint just explodes in the sunlight. Mark
has a bunch of just really cool cars there and always amazes me with how much he
know (and remembers) about these cars. I have a feeling he will be moving a couple
of cars after this weekend, I saw a LOT of people talking to him about buying Saleens.
It was also nice of Brad Bowling to come and sign copies of The Saleen Book.

Great weekend, can't wait until next year...