Saleen Dark Horses....pic

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
We picked up the mustang yesterday. We have to take it back to the dealer on Wednesday to get the rest of the body pieces installed. A note: Magnaflow 16571....you MUSt use the intermediate pipes that come with the kit. You cant just bolt on the mufflers.

The wheels are 20" Saleen Dark horses. The rears are 20x10" with a 50mm offset wrapped with 285/30 KDW2s. I wouldnt go with any wider tire with a 50mm offset. A 40mm offset would work too. However, I think these wheels and tires fill out the wheelwells (width wise) perfectly.

The fronts are 20x9 wrapped with 255/35 KDW2s. 30mm offset.

mustang1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I wasnt sure about the interior either. But, thats the color my fiance wanted and she is paying the payment.

However, once I saw it in person.....it was gorgeous. I wanted saddle, she wanted this. It is not as red as I thought it would be....more like a burnt red. I like it

If you contact Joe or Marcus @ uswheelexchange.com.....tell them that shane jackson with the saleen dark horses sent you. They said they would offer 10% off to anyone that mentions that. Their chrome has a 5 year warranty on it.

Also, they said they will take your stock wheels and tires in as an exchange towards new wheels. They also have a discount tire shop too. They give fair market value for wheels/tires. Think, $600-$800 for a set of wheels and tires, depending on what type they are.

Yeah, I didnt know what that meant until a few months ago....no thanks.

I never cared for the blacked out tail lights and headlights. I will be changing the grille to a Roush grille....since you cant have both sets of fog lights on at the same time anyway,

I know that the vehicle looks great when the wheel wells are pretty much filled out...but I've often wondered what happens if you're rolling along around 50MPH and hit a 4 to 5 inch pothole? It seems to me that your tire would then hit the top portion of the wheel well and fender, right? That can't be good for the tire and/or body...at least I wouldn't think so.

these 20s and wheels are actually not as tall as the stock wheels and tires.

Additionally, a 4" deep pothole would have to be almost a foot and a half wide for your wheel to "fall" into it.

If you are traveling 50mph and hit a 4" pothole....SHAME ON YOU!! I avoid potholes of all kinds at all times!

these 20s and wheels are actually not as tall as the stock wheels and tires.

Additionally, a 4" deep pothole would have to be almost a foot and a half wide for your wheel to "fall" into it.

If you are traveling 50mph and hit a 4" pothole....SHAME ON YOU!! I avoid potholes of all kinds at all times!

LOL, my thoughts also, Corpus Christi actually has the worse road conditions in the country for the size of the city (our city council is full of morons) so I know all about avoiding bumps and pot holes. Especially after I dropped my last stang, man that was a bitch driving that thing every day. I won't be doing that with this one though, she doesn't look like she's gonna go off roading, the gap between the fender and the tires is minimal and the stance is nice and so is the ride and grip so I'm leaving the springs alone.