Roush Saleen Extreme

• Sponsors (?)

S281SC#08 said:
man i guess you are glad i posted this Extreme on here or you may not have it. great looking car.

It's funny, I had found it on eBay then I thought, I bet those gossips in the Saleen forums are talking about it.:rolleyes:

So to answer your original question in the post. I was interested and it was not scam. The guy that I bought it from ended up being Bill Lyon who played for the Packers and the Vikings and aside from that he was an all around nice guy who was as down to earth as any of us, really made the deal a pleasure.

Just got back from lunch and the car is alot of fun, much different power delivery than my NA 347ci in the 66. My 66 immediatley let you know "hey lots of HP here, hold on and pay attention a-hole" Where this car is so fluid that I already feel very comfortable getting into the boost and running through the gears.

Tell me about the traction control on this car. Does it actually do anything under power?

Also just for my own curousity does anyone have any reference information about road tests on the extreme for this year. Something that gives me an idea of 0-60 etc. As I understand it in stock form on street tires it should run in the 12's.

Thanks for the feedback.

washMO66 said:
Tell me about the traction control on this car. Does it actually do anything under power?

if it's like my kenne bell, you better not hammer it WOT with the traction control on. it'll cut fuel and damage the blower. i have never run with the TC on since the day the KB went on my car.

Probablecause said:
if it's like my kenne bell, you better not hammer it WOT with the traction control on. it'll cut fuel and damage the blower. i have never run with the TC on since the day the KB went on my car.

Sounds like a great feature, I'll just make a habit of turning it off when I get in.......

Awsome car man, that had been my dream car ever since it came out but I decided to go the kenne bell route instead. As for really stepping on it with the traction control on, i dont think you have to worry about anything because you have forged pistons.Traction control reduces timing(i've been told)so it would cause a lean condition but you dont really have to worry with your strong bottom end. Just like the owner of an 03 cobra doesnt have to worry about causing damage to his engine with the traction control on. One thing,obviously you wont have all your power whith traction control on, so it is a good idea to turn it off at a red light next a vette.