Saleen, Steeda, Roush, Boss

• Sponsors (?)

spectravp said:

That looks like the Concept car with a slight photo-tweak. None the less, it's nice.

I just hope someone comes out with SOMETHING that brings us closer to the wide-stance-looking Concept car. The concept was flat out beautiful. The new one seems too narrow for me. Granted, small wheels can do that to a car, and I'm sure some 18x10 rims would widen that thing right up. But still.

Right now, I'm waiting to see the new car in person (and test drive) before considering trading in my 1999 GT Vert. If they went with a 1:1 copy of the concept, there'd be no questions asked, I would have already placed an order.

Spidey said:
That looks like the Concept car with a slight photo-tweak. None the less, it's nice.

I just hope someone comes out with SOMETHING that brings us closer to the wide-stance-looking Concept car. The concept was flat out beautiful. The new one seems too narrow for me. Granted, small wheels can do that to a car, and I'm sure some 18x10 rims would widen that thing right up. But still.

Right now, I'm waiting to see the new car in person (and test drive) before considering trading in my 1999 GT Vert. If they went with a 1:1 copy of the concept, there'd be no questions asked, I would have already placed an order.

It is a photoshopped version. It's been floating around a couple different sights for close to 6 months now.

Talked with a guy from Roush Racing that was hauling around Ricky Rudds car to my dealer where I work in Seattle,WA. He mentioned to me that they were testing the 2005 Roush Stage 3 making 450 bhp. He also mentioned that Roush is responsible for teh 2007 SVT Cobra platform.

Maybe it's been said a million times before, but I actually find the 99-04 saleen mustang to be the sexiest model they've made. Quite possibly because it still looks mean, but has that sexy smooth style to it.

I need to see what Saleen does to the new '05s if anything, before I really become a fan of the new mustang models.
I'm a young generation, so the 05s don't hold any appeal to me.
It just comes off as an amalgamated retro; designed for those old school enthusiasts...
and god bless them.
But for someone around my age... Sorry.

The exterior? get rid of the middle fog lights, it looks too much
For the interior, hmph, it's going to take you a lot to save that puppy.

:(

It doesn't look mean enough to me. Sexy, ah, nope sorry...
Saleen could bring that to the table. But that's going to take a bit of work.

Caldwell said:
I'm a young generation, so the 05s don't hold any appeal to me.
It just comes off as an amalgamated retro; designed for those old school enthusiasts...
and god bless them.
But for someone around my age... Sorry.

Nice generalizing :nonono: . I'm 17 and I absolutely love the car. I have to admit though that it had to grow on me. Are you going to say you don't like classics? That's just wrong.

szer0 said:
Nice generalizing :nonono: . I'm 17 and I absolutely love the car. I have to admit though that it had to grow on me. Are you going to say you don't like classics? That's just wrong.

*sigh*
saw that coming, walking into a mind field...

My argument is this:
you are taking two styles and as stated before, amalgamating them into one.
Taking the old, and the new and seeing what you get.
It's like mixing flammable chemicals together.
It doesn't work, for me anyway.
You have an old, retro dash, with the antique style and the old cluster lamps...
the seats, the front shifter column, the fog lamps on the front... all have an old fastback style to it. I love the old cars, mainly because I think the old cars looked good especially for what they were.
You are now taking an old traditional style and modernizing it.
:notnice:
You have to realize that people aren't going to like the idea. It's like taking a '67 with an '04 and using what works to make one car. They are completely two different styles.
Myself, prefer each style separately.
I love the '67 for how it is as a whole, it looks older, because it is older, the style is older... I don't think I can say the word older enough.
But what I don't like, and is a clear example of what I mean, for instance, in the new '05s is the whole front and back of the car.
Yes, I like the headlights... On An Old Mustang.
On A New Mustang, it doesn't fit. Especially, for myself, the fog lamps, in the centre beside the headlights. With the old mustangs, they looked good, but with today's modern style, updated manufacturing, it's too... clean, maybe that's the problem... the older mustangs looks hand built, hand crafted, hand made...
and these come right off the press line.

It's too new... I hate the new T-birds for the same reason..
yes i can appreciate what they're doing... but you're now mixing oil with water... the two don't go together.
And although, as I hope it would be assumed, I am a mustang franchise fan, however I tend to believe that with this new retro trend ford is following, I don't think they're going to have as big of a fan base as they had when they did the 87-93, to the 94-98, and biggest yet 99-04.
Ford has grown their followers considerably throughout each year.
I'm sorry to say, but you're now sectioning off a large category of people by now limiting down the style of your car to the classic.

If i wanted an eleanor...
i'd go and buy one.

Two Different Cars.

Sorry to say, but I was disappointed.

71.jpg

03.jpg

Caldwell said:
*sigh*
saw that coming, walking into a mind field...

My argument is this:
you are taking two styles and as stated before, amalgamating them into one.
Taking the old, and the new and seeing what you get.
It's like mixing flammable chemicals together.
It doesn't work, for me anyway.
You have an old, retro dash, with the antique style and the old cluster lamps...
the seats, the front shifter column, the fog lamps on the front... all have an old fastback style to it. I love the old cars, mainly because I think the old cars looked good especially for what they were.
You are now taking an old traditional style and modernizing it.
:notnice:
You have to realize that people aren't going to like the idea. It's like taking a '67 with an '04 and using what works to make one car. They are completely two different styles.
Myself, prefer each style separately.
I love the '67 for how it is as a whole, it looks older, because it is older, the style is older... I don't think I can say the word older enough.
But what I don't like, and is a clear example of what I mean, for instance, in the new '05s is the whole front and back of the car.
Yes, I like the headlights... On An Old Mustang.
On A New Mustang, it doesn't fit. Especially, for myself, the fog lamps, in the centre beside the headlights. With the old mustangs, they looked good, but with today's modern style, updated manufacturing, it's too... clean, maybe that's the problem... the older mustangs looks hand built, hand crafted, hand made...
and these come right off the press line.

It's too new... I hate the new T-birds for the same reason..
yes i can appreciate what they're doing... but you're now mixing oil with water... the two don't go together.
And although, as I hope it would be assumed, I am a mustang franchise fan, however I tend to believe that with this new retro trend ford is following, I don't think they're going to have as big of a fan base as they had when they did the 87-93, to the 94-98, and biggest yet 99-04.
Ford has grown their followers considerably throughout each year.
I'm sorry to say, but you're now sectioning off a large category of people by now limiting down the style of your car to the classic.

If i wanted an eleanor...
i'd go and buy one.

Two Different Cars.

Sorry to say, but I was disappointed.

You are definatly in the minority.....it draws crowds at shows like no other mustang has. I think they will have a hard time keeping them on the lots. Especially if they keep the price within 2-300 on all levels like HTT's boss said. The 2004's are a joke compared to the 2005's.....even if you dont like the looks of them, all the other features far out weigh the looks. It's good that some people don't like it, otherwise they wouldn't be able to make enough of them.