Saleen, Steeda, Roush, Boss

93 teal terror said:
You are definatly in the minority.....it draws crowds at shows like no other mustang has. I think they will have a hard time keeping them on the lots. Especially if they keep the price within 2-300 on all levels like HTT's boss said. The 2004's are a joke compared to the 2005's.....even if you dont like the looks of them, all the other features far out weigh the looks. It's good that some people don't like it, otherwise they wouldn't be able to make enough of them.

Meh, what you say is a half truth, and could easily be broken up by a series of comments.

First: Possible... the new '05s may draw a crowd. Good! I'm happy for it. But you can neither prove nor disprove that statement. So really, that didn't count for anything.

Second: In terms of stats, you're right. From what i've read and seen, and as well it should, the new 05' gt will out perform the '04 gt... as the '99 gt out did its '93. That is how evolution works... it would only make logical sense to increase preformance on a standard sports car... the vette, viper, ferrari... i mean come on, they all improve throughout the years. But again, now I ask does mere performance sell a car?

No.

It's the whole package that gets the crowd. Something that's marketable for everyone. Ask Mitsubishi... or Toyota... ask them why they discontinued twin turbo vehicles right off the press...
regardless... overall selling will obviously remain to be seen. Just don't fog over in your mind the fact that even Mustang enthusiasts don't like the new models.

• Sponsors (?)

It's obvious to me that the whole package sells a car, not just one aspect.....you are focusing solely on looks. Looks are subjectible, but you can't deny that this mustang will out perform every other gt made. Handleing, power, safety, driveability, and HTT has even said that it performs extremely well in severe weather conditions. So there you have it...something for everyone. The only people that it wont win over are the ones who think they have to have IRS and the ones can't see past the exterior (if they dont like it).

93 teal terror said:
It's obvious to me that the whole package sells a car, not just one aspect.....you are focusing solely on looks. Looks are subjectible, but you can't deny that this mustang will out perform every other gt made. Handleing, power, safety, driveability, and HTT has even said that it performs extremely well in severe weather conditions. So there you have it...something for everyone. The only people that it wont win over are the ones who think they have to have IRS and the ones can't see past the exterior (if they dont like it).

??? are you for real ??? dude... I already talked about performance upgrades...

I am yes... focusing more on looks.
and you are focusing on performance.
you are as guilty of a party as I am in regards to singling out aspects on the car. I am not sure if you read my previous post or not, but 80% of it had already acknowledged the fact that with evolution in cars, will be an increase for performance, steering or otherwise... I can't afford to repeat myself.

"So there you have it...something for everyone." is more than performance, more than design, and more than price...

*sigh*

I'm done arguing a point with someone who isn't interested in it.

Caldwell said:
Meh, what you say is a half truth, and could easily be broken up by a series of comments.

First: Possible... the new '05s may draw a crowd. Good! I'm happy for it. But you can neither prove nor disprove that statement. So really, that didn't count for anything.

Second: In terms of stats, you're right. From what i've read and seen, and as well it should, the new 05' gt will out perform the '04 gt... as the '99 gt out did its '93. That is how evolution works... it would only make logical sense to increase preformance on a standard sports car... the vette, viper, ferrari... i mean come on, they all improve throughout the years. But again, now I ask does mere performance sell a car?

No.

It's the whole package that gets the crowd. Something that's marketable for everyone. Ask Mitsubishi... or Toyota... ask them why they discontinued twin turbo vehicles right off the press...
regardless... overall selling will obviously remain to be seen. Just don't fog over in your mind the fact that even Mustang enthusiasts don't like the new models.

Shouldn't in the interest of honetsy. You have said that "some mustang enthusiasts don't like it"?

Now as for the twin turbo toyota. The only one I remember is the Supra. And in case you haven't kept up with toyota. They discontinued the whole model over here. And I'm not sure I would say it was because they had too much performance for the market. I think it might have more to do with the high prices. What I found for lowest was $39,900. It had 320 hp. Just for comparision. The 97 cobra came with 302 hp and was $28135 (Both cars are without options since that info is harder to compare). I also read one person who paid $45k for his supra.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?modelid=2830&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0

Now as for the mitsubishi twin turbo. I'm thinking your talking about the 3000gt VR4. Another case of too expensive. $44590. For another 320 hp vehicle.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/pricing.aspx?modelid=2108&src=vip

The problem is you dont have a point. Since when is safety performance? Drivability? I guess you could argue handling could be performance, but in my book they arent the same thing.
And the 94 was an evolution for the mustang not the 99. The only things the 99's did better than the 94-98's was performance wise. Same interior, same safety, same handleing, etc. etc.
Let me ask you this.....is the only thing you dont like about the car its looks?
If so, then you have no point to stand on and your point is clearly subjectible. Now if somehow you can say that the rest of the car BESIDES its skin is somehow inferior to the current mustang, then I appologize.
As far as the looks....IF for some reason every person hates the way it looks and it tanks, Ford can always reskin the car. Thats what they did in 87, 94, and 99. (disclaimer: I know they made many needed improvements in 94 besides the reskinning of it) When people are tired of the current look of the 05, they will reskin it and a large majority of the car will remain the same. This is why this is the first new chasis in 25 years. I do doubt however that they would have to redo the other 80% of the car. The car as a whole is better in every way. Thats why the car will sell. It just helps in the fact that many many people love the look of it.

Actually the REAL problem is this. Why come into a forum and post you don't like the look of the car.

This is like me going into a honda forum and saying I don't like the looks of a honda. Ok so what's my point. I don't like the looks of it. Why did I come to the forum? It's that simple. It's kinda stupid to go into a forum just to complain about the car.

I appreciate your imput. As little as there was of it. But if you don't like the car in the forum. Stay in a forum about a car you like.

Thats ok if you dont like the new Mustang because if you like Mustangs youll do what everyone does, take a drive in it and youll love it. Plus, after about a year or two of it being out youll be used to the look. My prediction about the next mustang is that they will sell like hotcakes because many women like the retro look of the mustang, as they do with other cars. More women than ever will be owning them. Ive heard of import owners considering buying a mustang. Add to that the abandoned F body guys who want a new muscle car. The Mustang will appeal to such a broader market that there is no way that it cant sell like hotcakes. Well see..