Saleen Supercharger Questions

EVHFan

Jul 30, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Newbie to forums here. Got a few questions regarding connecting an air temp gauge with a Saleen Supercharger Series VI.
I got a 2007 Mustang GT with a 4.6 3V. This car came with the supercharger and the Saleen Speedlab gauge pod with a boost and air temp gauge. The boost gauge sendor is in a port in the front passenger side of the SC. The air temp gauge is tapped into the ACT sensor on the front driver side of the SC. I have never been a big fan of this gauge pod. I'm in the process of connecting a wideband. I figured while I'm into it, I'll change the gauges and add a couple. I got everything straight except the air temp gauge. Its a Glowshift dual air intake temp gauge. Directions say to add the "cold air" sensor before the intercooler and the "hot air" sensor after the IC. I didn't know when I purchased this gauge that the IC was internal to the SC. I thought the heat exchanger under the radiator was the IC which is obviously wrong. I am looking for an alternate connection point to monitor the cold and hot air. I was hoping someone could make a suggestion. For the cold air, I was wondering if I could "tee" into the ACT port for the new air temp sensor. I don't know how that would impact the ACT operation. I could also drill and tap an npt thread into my CAI pipe near the maf sensor. For the hot air I'm not sure where to go. My new boost gauge will "tee" into one of the vacuum lines so that boost sender port becomes available. Is the "boost" air before or after the compression of the SC? Can I use that port for a hot air temp sensor? If not, can anyone suggest an alternate. Thoughts and feedback on these ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do have the SC and gauge pod installation instructions but they do not clarify any internal plumbing or operation of the SC. I tried Saleen, a couple companies that sell Saleen products, the gauge company, a couple local performance shops. Of the VERY FEW people I talked to or that responded back, all I got is a shoulder shrug and a sorry not sure. Any help would certainly be more than I've gotten at this point.
Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Hello Everyone,

Newbie to forums here. Got a few questions regarding connecting an air temp gauge with a Saleen Supercharger Series VI.
I got a 2007 Mustang GT with a 4.6 3V. This car came with the supercharger and the Saleen Speedlab gauge pod with a boost and air temp gauge. The boost gauge sendor is in a port in the front passenger side of the SC. The air temp gauge is tapped into the ACT sensor on the front driver side of the SC. I have never been a big fan of this gauge pod. I'm in the process of connecting a wideband. I figured while I'm into it, I'll change the gauges and add a couple. I got everything straight except the air temp gauge. Its a Glowshift dual air intake temp gauge. Directions say to add the "cold air" sensor before the intercooler and the "hot air" sensor after the IC. I didn't know when I purchased this gauge that the IC was internal to the SC. I thought the heat exchanger under the radiator was the IC which is obviously wrong. I am looking for an alternate connection point to monitor the cold and hot air. I was hoping someone could make a suggestion. For the cold air, I was wondering if I could "tee" into the ACT port for the new air temp sensor. I don't know how that would impact the ACT operation. I could also drill and tap an npt thread into my CAI pipe near the maf sensor. For the hot air I'm not sure where to go. My new boost gauge will "tee" into one of the vacuum lines so that boost sender port becomes available. Is the "boost" air before or after the compression of the SC? Can I use that port for a hot air temp sensor? If not, can anyone suggest an alternate. Thoughts and feedback on these ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do have the SC and gauge pod installation instructions but they do not clarify any internal plumbing or operation of the SC. I tried Saleen, a couple companies that sell Saleen products, the gauge company, a couple local performance shops. Of the VERY FEW people I talked to or that responded back, all I got is a shoulder shrug and a sorry not sure. Any help would certainly be more than I've gotten at this point.
Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Chris
The boost port is on the passenger side font runner. There should be a plug there that you can remove and attach a sender. I think this is after the compression of the SC. On my Prosport boost gauge connection, I attached the sender to the vacuum tube that comes around the back of the SC to the fuel pressure. There is tube port near the back of the driver's side that i tee'd off and attached to. Works for me. 20140113_150246.jpg

Thanks much for the response and picture. Cannot say enough how much I appreciate the assistance. There is such wealth of info out there regarding car performance. I am just in shock of how little help I have received. I usually do my own work on my cars because I don't trust anyone anymore. What I don't know, I just learn on the fly or look on the internet or whatever. This particular topic had me beating my head against a wall for several weeks. I am willing to pay for help but still nothing. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Like you I do my own stuff from oil changes to gear changes to installing my own 127300 VSR cams to taking the Saleen S/C apart after I bought it used to see how it works and then installing it my self. There is a wealth of information on the web and the various Mustang sites that I used over the years to help me learn and do myself. I was no mechanic and if you take your time and follow instructions closely you can accomplish all kinds of things. I learned not to be afraid to do things and heck I've removed and replaced the transmission in my 06 GT and also in my 1988 Ford Minihome 460 cid and replaced some gaskets and seals in the C-6 transmission. However i don't dare go deep into the transmission's internals. I've got a Brenspeed 530 hp tune on the Saleen S/C with a 3.4 pulley and it sure is a lot of fun.

Thanks for that link. Lots of good stuff there. I had a 67 camaro with a 454 before this mustang. Although I love this car, it always disappointed me a little when I started it up after being used to the big block shaking the whole house when I started it in the garage (my wife absolutely hated that car ). Last year I decided to cam it up to make that thorn in the side go away. After several trips to a local speed shop making tuning tweaks, it still does not run quite to my liking. So now I'm in the process of adding the wideband so a different guy can (hopefully) get me sorted out. Hopefully get this all buttoned up in the next week or so.