Saleen Tail Light Covers

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
Man do i love mine, i have them for like 3 years or so now. But they started to get really faded. So i removed them and painted them. One side got kinda cracked when i took them off, and when i put them back on i dont think they are on just perfect enought for me.

So anyway doesnt someone think that a company should come out and try to make some kind of knock off for us, like UPR or MGW or something. I mean i only like the 95 lights with the tail light covers, it makes them look so mean from the back. And now that saleen stopped making them you cant find them anywhere. What do you guys think???

• Sponsors (?)

I've often wondered the same thing...probably cuz it would only fit the 94-95...aka the forgotten years. It wouldn't be the first oversight for our years.

I know I would love to have a set...only I would paint them red to match for a subtle look.

someone needs to make them. It cant be that much of an investment. I wonder if there is a company one of us could get to make some. Like a smaller production company or something. We could provide some bezels for them to copy. I dunno....

I got a set laying around that I do plan on using. But if someone can make a "replica" of them, I'll gladly send them to that person to help everyone out! Maybe people like 69clark or oink can do it?? :shrug: What if they can be made out of some kind of sheet metal so it would be or easier or rubber??:shrug: Just throwing some ideas out there.

Yah when i first bought mine from saleen i thought they would be metal, or something strong. Instead they were thin ass plastic. But maybe rubber would be bad cause they they would crack or get as brittle as the plastic.

They are different..

nervus.jpg

Mustang_1.jpg

If you look the edges are much sharper..

95riosnake said:
Anybody notice in the pic of the red saleen that the tail pipes are crooked as hell? Sorry for goin off-topic but that kinda stuff really bothers me lol.

They dont even look like the correct tips for a Saleen...???

I don't think a company will bother making them since they probably wouldn't get too many orders to make decent $$ out of them since they only made these type of tailights for two years. And how many 94-95 Mustangs are out on the road today compare to other year mustangs? Now if this was the case with the new stang, then yeah I can see it happening. Someone with some experience that's willing to do this will have to do it, IMO.

BTW, I get the feeling the red "saleen" vert is a fake :shrug: .