Roush saleen with cobra motor question

i currently have a 67 fastback project car with 2 to 3 years left to build, im looking for something newer that is still a rare car.
a 1999-2002 S281 S/C convertible (silver). i would only do bolt on work to get the power around 400-420. my question is about the saleens with the cobra motors in them, are they still supercharged, where can i find info and pricing on these cars, will they cost a lot more, are they worth the extra money. an "E" convertible would be nice but that is way off the money chart.

2001 S281 S/C VERT. with 30,000 mile is around $27,000
in this area. florida

• Sponsors (?)

A Cobra Saleen may be too rare, if you can even find one. As mentioned they only made them for 2 years and they may have been only special request at that. A nicley optioned S281SC would be a good affordable semi-rare car. (example only 974 S281 cars produced in 2000. Some portion of that maybe 50% were Supercharged, so 437 or so, thats pretty rare in my book.

Saleen made Saleen Cobra's in the sn95 body style as well as the 99-04. As far as being rare they are actually more rare than an S351. The Terminators were the only blown cars from Ford. There are plenty of Vortech blown Saleen Cobras from other years around. With a good tune they can make low 400 rwhp all day long. I see one for sale probably every 4-5 months or so. Most had the blowers added later or in a rare case at the selling dealership.

I may be a bit biased, but IMHO a Saleen Cobra is the best of both worlds; e.g. the dual exclusivity of a Saleen & a SVT vehicle. A '03/'04 Saleen Cobra would just about be the ultimate factory Mustang.

Marcus is correct (as usual) that the Saleen Cobras are more rare than the S351 Saleens.

98 Saleen Cobra is also correct that the '96 - '98 Saleen Cobras offered a Vortech supercharger as a dealer installed option. Shortly after I purchased my own '98 Saleen Cobra another one was listed on eBay that had such an installation. It was a Laser Red Speedster with black interior, chrome LeMans wheels & ridiculously low miles. It was purchased by someone in the Netherlands. I believe his screen name was Nannerup or something like that & he paid a premium for it, about $33K if I remember correctly. Beautiful car.

It took me forever to find my saleen cobra, but it was well worth the wait. These guys are all right they have made saleen cobras from 94 on up but obviously only the 03/04's all came supercharged. You might be able to find an older saleen cobra with a supercharger but finding these cars for sale at all is very hard. Good luck in your search and I will keep my eyes open for you.

Brandon

there is a place in orlando called black's automotive, they have a good selection of sports cars mostly mustangs ive been by there and talked to the guys and they were pretty cool even though i wasnt buying anything so ill look there first when the time comes.
thanks for the help