Salvage Title??

new22003 said:
Make sure it has airbags also often they are stolen and not replaced because they are expensive.

Having a salvage title isnt that bad for you if you keep the car and it has no frame damage (which a theft shoudlnt have). You take a hell of a hit on resale though as most people wont touch them. They seem to go for at least $5000 less than a clean title car. Figure what your truck is worth and then do the mustang math minus $5000. If it doesnt have airbags subtract another $1000. If the values arent equal then sell your truck and buy a used 1999-2001.

Also make sure it only has a good title with salvage history so it can be re-registered. A pure salvage title can bring hassles.

Airbags can be had for $500 or less on ebay. Install takes about 5 minutes (4 screws each). I don't get the difference between a "pure" salvage title and "salvage history". I have owned salvage cars, and I have titled them. They only need a state inspection once, and that is before you title it after the event that totaled the vehicle. At least that is the law in my state.

Jon

• Sponsors (?)

Definitely be careful with a salvage title.My friend bought a Dodge ram, and I had to borrow it to move some stuff.Driving on the highway at 65mph when the ****ing steering column fell in my lap. :nonono: I had to hold it up and try to get off the highway.After a while I managed to fix it good enough to get where I was going.Someone had put tow different kinds of brackets to hold it up and they were both plastic.Off the topic, but on top of that I told him I would fill it up for him letting me borrow it.After it got to $42.00 I started looking under the truck for a leak.Good luck if you get the car , I may have just bad luck. :shrug:

StangJonGT said:
Airbags can be had for $500 or less on ebay. Install takes about 5 minutes (4 screws each). I don't get the difference between a "pure" salvage title and "salvage history". I have owned salvage cars, and I have titled them. They only need a state inspection once, and that is before you title it after the event that totaled the vehicle. At least that is the law in my state.

Jon

Each state is different on how to register a salvage car. Florida is very strict about it and Georgia is really easy. The law varies from state to state.