San Diego cruise July 10th????

Johns89lx

Apr 24, 2004
Oceanside, CA
Time for a new thread I guess.

Submitted for consideration: Head out east on Hiway 76 to Lake Henshaw w/ stop at cafe there for late breakfast/early lunch. Then up to Palomar Observatory via eastside route (nice and curvy) and return via westside route to 76. I'd estimate about 4-5 hours total depending on stops. Comments? :shrug:

July 10th is a Saturday.

• Sponsors (?)

Please.....it would be very cool to have you all show up at the house. I live on a horse ranch so to have a few more ponies there would deffinately be cool. Please let me know if you want to meet first thing in the morning or if we want a BBQ afterwards.

You on't be able to find the house on any map finders (it doesn't come up for some reason) so if I need to post directions let me know, along with the house phone.

Just found out I have been "volunteered" to participate in a retirement ceremony for one of my former "Gunnys" on the 10th, but it doesn't go until 4 in the afternoon, so it would be better to meet at my place in the morning and then go from there, I am anticipating that we should be finished up in plenty of time for me to get over to vista by 4. Please keep us all updated as to time of meet, length of trip, and route....if you need help determining a route I can help there as well.

Halcyon_Dolour said:
8am? :eek:

*faints*

Yeah, but the early bird gets the worm and we should have pretty good road conditions in terms of traffic at that time. Like Jason I too have plans in the afternoon and have to be home by 1-2.

I can bring along a couple of shots of Starbucks expresso for you if necessary :spot:

If we want to keep things a little simpler we could just meet at the AM/PM station on the westside of 76/15, might be easier for those who are still waking up and get an opportunity to gas up as there aren't any gas stations on the planned route.

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Dohh. BUT it was a learning experience. Down the road i plan to be better prepared. See you tomorrow Beau at 2:30? Hopefully the trip to the dentist wont put you down too bad. I know they are no fun :(
I'll be there tomorrow. Numbed up or not. I just may need to bring the paper towels to wipe up the drool from my numb face. :rolleyes:

I have had to get up up at the ass crack of dawn for every meet we have had so far so you guys can endulge us this once.hahahahaha

The arco is less than a mile from my place and I would like for you all to meet my wife. I suggest individual gasing up at the station instead of all of us there at the same time....the station is pretty small with not a lot of room to maneuver(sp?). just a thought.............................