Satellite Radio mount and location ideas?

BMan5150

Founding Member
Feb 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
I just bought an XM radio (think it's the audiovox Xpress) and I'm having trouble finding a good aftermarket mount. I don't want to use the sticky tape that came with the unit - I want to mount it on the side of the HVAC/radio trim cover (passenger side, but under the pass airbag area.) Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

PalmMemoryCard191.jpg

Antenna Mounted next to wipers
PalmMemoryCard052.jpg

and trade the XM for Sirius

Attachments

• PalmMemoryCard191.jpg
    PalmMemoryCard191.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 128
  • PalmMemoryCard052.jpg
    PalmMemoryCard052.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 120
How are you securing the antenna.

I have my antenna just sitting on the speaker deck un the back window. It's velcroed to the center so it doesn't move, but sometimes when i go on roads with dense trees, i lose signal.

I'm wondering if moving to the cowl will fix this. That raised spot looks like it was designed for it!

Mustang5L5 said:
How are you securing the antenna.

I have my antenna just sitting on the speaker deck un the back window. It's velcroed to the center so it doesn't move, but sometimes when i go on roads with dense trees, i lose signal.

I'm wondering if moving to the cowl will fix this. That raised spot looks like it was designed for it!

mine is magnetic so it just sticks to the metal cowl. and nothing will fix the loss of signal under trees