Satin Black Hood and Deck Lid? Like trooper car maybe?

slowbluevert

Feb 16, 2011
fl
The paint on my hood is obliterated and i have a green decklid on my blue car since the 3rd brake light sprung a leak. Of course i dont have cash to have the whole car repainted, so what about satin black on the hood and decklid, which i could do myself... I think ive seen some trooper cars with at least the hood black. my hope was that since its a convertible the two black panels would look decent and maybe a little more "finished". anyone have thoughts, or pictures? i googled but came up short.

(picture shows an hour of wax on the hood, trust me its done for)
View attachment 159805

• Sponsors (?)

Lol, mustang5l5, your avatar looks gorgeous! I promise, my hood looks like a blue chalk board without copious amounts of wax and a cell phone picture. I don't necessarily have to rattle can it, I could just spray an off the shelf satin black through the cheap gun I have. If I got a few years out of a 50 dollar paint fix, so be it. The green decklid is such and eye sore on a blue car.

I'd say go to Maaco and get the two deck surfaces painted to match your car. Coming from somebody who HAS a hot rod black hood, even that process requires somebody who knows how to paint. ( My guy was/is a painter, and you can still see a pattern in the black)
If the rest of the car is good, but matching paint would be too obvious, maybe a two tone? (also at Maaco) couldn't be more than 300 bucks tops.