Progress Thread Savoring the small wins

Red50Fox

May 6, 2019
Massachusetts
I thought I'd share my good news. I fixed my power mirrors. Someone before me cut the power wire to the switch at the driver's side kick panel. Thoughtfully folded it out of the way and taped it up. (Why would they do that?) I fixed my power door locks. Replaced a bad switch and both actuators. ( I checked the wiring and that all appeared to be good. When I took the driver's side actuator out a pin stayed in the connector. Now I can actually adjust the mirrors and lock the doors!!!:banana: On the downside, during my disassembly on the drivers side I noticed that one of the mounting screws hole for the door lock / window switches was broken off and the retaining clip built into the actuator connector is also broken off.

Rather than try to find the connectors I'm going to try to find a driver's side door harness (88 GT 5.0 Convertible) so if someone has one, or knows where I can get one please let me know.

Also, I have 2 under-seat bass boxes. Passenger side speaker is torn. Just one more thing to add to the list.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)