Saw a Ford GT today!!

• Sponsors (?)

oh man... i cant wait to see one of those...
i went nuts the other night when i saw a carrera gt for the first time, but i'll be even more excited for the ford, even though its about a third the price of the porsche, and maybe a shade slower... maybe
i can't wait to see motor trend's next speeding article or anything that compares the Ford GT, carrera GT, enzo, murcielago, SLR, viper... i could totally imagine the ford being fast than everything except the enzo and maybe the carrera

mustang sallad said:
oh man... i cant wait to see one of those...
i went nuts the other night when i saw a carrera gt for the first time, but i'll be even more excited for the ford, even though its about a third the price of the porsche, and maybe a shade slower... maybe
i can't wait to see motor trend's next speeding article or anything that compares the Ford GT, carrera GT, enzo, murcielago, SLR, viper... i could totally imagine the ford being fast than everything except the enzo and maybe the carrera

While exotics aren't really my peak interest, I think it's awesome that Ford has come back to the arena-- to critical acclaim.

Read This to see what the new GT can do.

Why is it that the Europeans seem to ignore torque? It apparently worked for the GT...

yeah on the initial testing it was beating the modena by more than half a second with a stock 04 cobra motor in it. Ferrari look out. My dealership is getting three and they are already refusing offers of 250 over sticker.... And ford said they wouldn't make any money lol

I'll be keeping my eyes open for it. I'm on Hwy 20 at least once a day on my way home from work. Can't wait to see and hear one. I wish I could pull up beside one, rev it up a bit, and see just how bad it would kick my a$$. What part of 20? What time of day was it? What day of the week?

ElCid2006 said:
Today I saw a blue GT on the streets. It was on Hwy 20 in Lawrenceville, Ga. Does anyone know anything about this? Has the GT gone on sale yet?

El Cid, What Company are you in? I was Charlie 99. Just bought an 05 GT

A coworker of mine has a son-in-law that is getting one in November. He is supposed to ship it to England to his brother in law who bought it on a whim.... (The guy is loaded). Before they ship it, I'm going to go over and take a look. I'll bring a digital camera and take LOTS of pics. Who knows, maybe I'll even get a spin behind the wheel....

:hail2:

I like this quote from Edmunds.....

"a Viper-powered NSX with C5 Corvette drivability on a daily basis."

I get all giddy when I think about how BAD TO THE BONE the new "GT" is! :D

Now, if I sell a kidney,part of my liver and eyeball, one leg and a one of my kids I might be able to buy one that's been wrecked! :rolleyes:

-Matt.