• Sponsors (?)

Here is a picture so far.

06gtwithfanblades13ro.jpg

Attachments

• 06gtwithfanblades13ro.jpg
    06gtwithfanblades13ro.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 53
looks good.

Im not sure what color Im going to paint my 70 Boss.
I plan on making a roll cage for it and make the engine look like the old Trans Am cars. I might do some brake ducting but im trying to find something that looks like scale ducting... Maybe a flexible straw?

looks good.

Im not sure what color Im going to paint my 70 Boss.
I plan on making a roll cage for it and make the engine look like the old Trans Am cars. I might do some brake ducting but im trying to find something that looks like scale ducting... Maybe a flexible straw?

Thanks man. Filled the holes for the spoiler too. Still dont know what color to paint it though.

This is the kit I bought:
View attachment 411053

This kit is a piece of crap. Most of the details are molded in, nothing looks realistic and the tires are two pieces each. I think Im going to look for something else. It would be pretty hard to make this one look decent due to the lack of detail.

LOL i bought that one too but because of how rare it actually is. It's a reissue of a model built back when that '80 was brand new, which is why it's so basic looking. I'm going to build it with a totally different drive train and wheels, maybe even interior if i can make it work. I'll probably use a lot of the parts from the '93 Cobra model, but they're also a little different in size so we'll see. I'm not touching that one for a while.

LOL i bought that one too but because of how rare it actually is. It's a reissue of a model built back when that '80 was brand new, which is why it's so basic looking. I'm going to build it with a totally different drive train and wheels, maybe even interior if i can make it work. I'll probably use a lot of the parts from the '93 Cobra model, but they're also a little different in size so we'll see. I'm not touching that one for a while.

They sell that one at wal mart everywhere down here.. It was on clearance for 5 bux i bought 3.

*Reissue* so yeah you're going to see them now. Also it seems like a lot of this stuff is only available in some areas because i've only seen that one at a hobby shop once, never at Walmart.

I bought it at Hobbytown USA for $12.99 this afternoon. I knew it was an older kit but thats no excuse for the lack of detail. Ive got reissues of older kits with alot more detail.
I was going to swap motors with either a Nascar v8 or a 4.6 from parts kits Ive got but the lack of chassis detail and the molded in single exhaust makes that not worth the effort. Ill build this one box stock and do something else for this little contest.
I bid on another '92 convertible on ebay. If the stupid lowrider version actually had the stock suspension that didnt make the wheels stick out an inch Id just buy it and change the wheels.

Yup scratch buld everything here. I scratch modified my rims for this one. Im going to grab some paint to finish up the interior today. Just need to throw piping on the other front seat, finish sand them both, and then take and paint... Then flock it and the interior should be close!

I really want to finish this by the end of the week, because its actually going in my portfolio for work. Sounds weird, but I have a section for models which include my architecture ones, car ones, and anything else I might have that is a 3d Object!