Scanner wont read my computer...

bdog9seclx

Dec 22, 2005
atl
Went to autozone today to dump codes... I have a 2000 v6 body with a 302 and we plugged the scanner into a hookup on driverside like right behind radio and etc... we tried all years on the scanner but everytime it said cylinder id not recognized... well the person before me did the swap so i know little bout some detals like the comp is it a cobra yada yada yada... on the way home a light bulb came on in my head... MAYBE that was that the stock v6 computer? just left there unused and unplugged...cuz i do know in fox bodies they are behind the kick panel im gonna check tomm... any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

If he transplanted a 5.0 in there, with all its harnesses, he should have included the selt-test connector. on a stock 5.0 Fox, it is on the driver side near the wiper motor.

The original (to the car) port in the car is an OBD-II connector, which has a different number of pins than an OBD-I connector.

I would look for the engine-correct OBD-I self-test connector under the hood.

Good luck.

can u find a pic or anything when it comes to electronics im lost.... we found one behind left of the radio area but i think its old comp sionce it wont come up on scannner ty

bdog9seclx said:
can u find a pic or anything when it comes to electronics im lost.... we found one behind left of the radio area but i think its old comp sionce it wont come up on scannner ty
Here is the best I can think of off the top of my head. Others (like JRichker) will have better info.

The 5.0 test connector will be under the hood, unless the last owner did major wire modification and extension.

Good luck.

Diagnostic connector views, Typical 86-93 Mustang
index.php

index.php

Holy crap that looks like one HALF ASSED setup. Go back with all those connectors and replace them with soldered and wrapped connectors. That is def. the diagn. and it is the ford obd1.