Roush scare Grandma with my exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

Even though I have no cats I think that set-up would do you pretty good. Especially if you wanted to keep the stock setup out the back. Probably anything with an X-pipe. Prochamber exhausts sound really good to. You need some headers too.:D

Headers: JBA longtube Headers
Mid Pipes: O/R X or H-Pipe
Mufflers: Magnaflow or Borla Mufflers (nice mean bark) or you can go with the flowmaster setup which makes your car scream rather than bark.

I ditched the Flowmasters because my car kinda' had a cheap, tin can sound at low RPM's, but absolutely screamed at high RPM's. I went back to the Magnaflow set-up because it gave my car more of a 5.0 sound (deeper and more musclar tone).

rscott355 said:
Billy,
So you are saying you got a noticeable deeper sound with the JBA longtubes and while keeping your stock magnaflow center exit exhaust?

That is correct. As a matter of fact, you can keep your car smog-legal and sound mean as hell. A guy that owns a local speedshot here in town, installed the JBA Longtubes, JBA H or X pipe (can't remember), JBA high-flow cats, and retained the stock center exhaust and the car sounds awesome. It has a really mellow tone at idle and at cruising speeds, but the car just barks when he opens it up; actually sounds like he has an extra 100 cubic inches or so.