Scavenger Hunt! Looking For I Is Spotted In The Wild!

• Sponsors (?)

I've been lurking for awhile but decided to join the fun!

My 1977 Cobra 2, v8, auto, ac, ps
i painted it in the garage when I got it 8 yrs ago and it has sat since. My kid is turning 16 soon and were thinking Father son Project!
It needs some fixing to be working good and I'm guessing I'm going to start a thread.

Yeah buddy its a new post!
IMG_20150311_100348268.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
As far as in the wild goes, I'm counting 9 or 10 here (its just a picture off internet). How many can you see.

8e12b23801e617c6ed94b829dd13abe1.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I was hoping for this thread to be cars you see in daily life activities - at the gas station, grocery store, sitting in a field, a driveway, etc etc. Maybe we could have another thread with anonymous internet pics as well, that might be kinda fun.....
As far as your internet find, I think I see 18 or 19, but it's hard to tell on a few of them.

Wow 21!?! You got better eyes than me. It kills me to see all them stangs in the junk yard. Sigh.

I was hoping for this thread to be cars you see in daily life activities -

I understand that, but that being said, I just don't see em in driveways or the side of the roads. In the last 10 yrs I've seen one Cobra 2 and one Ghia here in the Aloha State and the parts car I found on Craigs list 7 yrs ago. I did see a 70 Boss 302 on the highway last weekend and that was exciting.
My kids know I point out all the cool mustangs I see. Like then 03 Cobra I pointed at last night going to Cheerleading practice.

Was just trying to liven this thread up
Theres got to be one somewhere!
and I'm still looking....

I'm not busting your chops or anything, so don't take it that way if you are! :)
My hope was to help bring in traffic to the site and broaden the base here. This forum used to be pretty active and was a good source of information as well as some banter. It seems to have died off a few years ago. And I totally understand not being able to see them on the islands - hell, they're few and far between here on the mainland! It just seems that there are a handful out there that are not represented in other locations and we could use the traffic as well as possibly give a helping hand if, in no other way, through our knowledge and advice. Facebook groups seem to be the thing now though.....

I'm not busting your chops or anything, so don't take it that way if you are! :)

No worries, I'm happy just to be here.

My hope was to help bring in traffic to the site

You are mildly successful, You got me with this thread! ( I'm Not the greatest score but whoever right)
For every one new poster theres 3 lurkers.

possibly give a helping hand if, in no other way, through our knowledge and advice.

This is exactly why I'm here. I need other peoples enthusiasm to help motivate and educate me.

Thanks LilCobra, I hope to get my C2 looking as good as yours.

Side note...
Saw a 2014 Hertz-Penske GT today, one of 150 made I think. Just got to be happy for what you get to see out here.

Heres one more mine, low tires and stuffed full of spare parts
2019-03-07 15.41.08.jpg

Can you get a pic to share? :)

Got one now! Guess they must've had the car in the shop for a few days; yesterday it was back on the lot and I stopped by today and got a pic....

o-TZOGvuzWGv3BmWuIzKpGFxkrHH5G-YFV4lxo5wGuDNuco8BGrD6nEP0EtHXoqPLxRCcQYaypXqzz9FaU=w1666-h937-no.jpg

Not sure if it's genuine; I didn't look at the buck tag. If it is, it's got the wrong striping. The VIN indicated it's a '78, but it's got the '76/early '77 striping. The scoop is facing the correct way for '78. Lacking a front spoiler as well.

Overall, it doesn't look to be in too bad of a condition. The body was pretty straight, there were some rust bubbles around the rear wheel openings, the interior plastics were faded...clearly not the original wheels either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Most likely not a genuine Cobra, but either way it's a nice looking car from the pics! Mine is also a 78 to be honest, but I never cared for the billboard stripes....

Took awhile to find this thread again.

I was hoping for this thread to be cars you see in daily life activities -

Was just trying to liven this thread up
Theres got to be one somewhere!
and I'm still looking....

Hey LILCBRA
Yes! Finally found one in the wild to post here as I promised you. :D :nice: :) :banana::taco::cheers:
Took over a year, cuze they is few and far between out here.
With 2 flat tires it hasn't moved recently.
I wanted to go knock on door but...

IMG_8037.jpg
faaFzujvRmGkmS1ofRsJRQ.jpg

I feel Triumphant! If only Briefly!

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Took awhile to find this thread again.

Hey LILCBRA
Yes! Finally found one in the wild to post here as I promised you. :D :nice: :) :banana::taco::cheers:
Took over a year, cuze they is few and far between out here.
With 2 flat tires it hasn't moved recently.
I wanted to go knock on door but...

IMG_8037.jpg
faaFzujvRmGkmS1ofRsJRQ.jpg

I feel Triumphant! If only Briefly!
Dew want.